The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Resurgence of Kane's game

Bur14Kes17

Does Evander Kane's resurgence change how you feel about him  

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't follow the Sabres, but how much of his resurgence is due to Eichel coming back from the injury? Does Kane play regularly with Eichel? Also on the PP? If that's all him, then yeah. I would consider it now although I was against it before.

I still wouldn't want to trade for him if we have give up one or more of Boeser, Juolevi or a 2017 1st rounder.

In my opinion, there is no shortcut to this rebuild. I'm all for 2nd for Baertschi or prospect for prospect trade (Shinkaruk for Granlund) but if we have to give up a future piece(s) for an immediate help, then I wouldn't do the trade.

1 hour ago, SabreFan1 said:

With his off-ice problems, he's a tough decision for any GM to make.

For the Canucks though he's too expensive.  The Sabres' biggest need is a young (20-25 y.o.) left handed top 4 d-man.  Since the Canucks don't have one of those, they would need to part with other things which they cannot afford.

Hutton? Or does he not qualify as a legitimate top 4 d yet?

Just now, khay said:

Hutton? Or does he not qualify as a legitimate top 4 d yet?

1 hour ago, SabreFan1 said:

His value doesn't equal Kane's right now.  He'd be Top 4 on the Sabres' below average defence but right now he's not a true NHL top 4 overall d-man.

Unlike many other problem players like Kassian, Kane actually delivers on the ice. His "resurgence" in goalscoring is nothing new, he's been pretty consistent in that regard. 

God forbid we have a player with the skill and tenacity to actually back his character up. Instead we have all these meat and potatoes guys like Gudbranson and Skille who will not get us very far despite their great locker room personalities. 

It's a bummer that we couldn't get him this past window. Just imagine Perry and Sheri Kane keeping him in check just like they always used to. Even in most off seasons now, Evander comes to Vancouver to run through drills with Perry. We could have potentially had a 30+ goal scorer with character who hits and fights. A true power forward. 

Not that it matters anymore. If we couldn't get him before when his stock was low, it'll be close to impossible now that he's turning heads.

Maybe it would just be better to make JV watch tape of Kane's last 20 games... and tell him to go do that stuff, like consistently.

Because we wouldn't have to worry about a Canuck's lack of common decency. The whole violence against women thing, it doesn't sit well with me. That's why I voted no.

1 hour ago, guntrix said:

Unlike many other problem players like Kassian, Kane actually delivers on the ice. His "resurgence" in goalscoring is nothing new, he's been pretty consistent in that regard. 

God forbid we have a player with the skill and tenacity to actually back his character up. Instead we have all these meat and potatoes guys like Gudbranson and Skille who will not get us very far despite their great locker room personalities. 

It's a bummer that we couldn't get him this past window. Just imagine Perry and Sheri Kane keeping him in check just like they always used to. Even in most off seasons now, Evander comes to Vancouver to run through drills with Perry. We could have potentially had a 30+ goal scorer with character who hits and fights. A true power forward. 

Not that it matters anymore. If we couldn't get him before when his stock was low, it'll be close to impossible now that he's turning heads.

Agreed, people complaining about Kane? We all have skeletons in our closet.

Only way it happens now is thru free agency which has always been the optimal path. Right now it'd be Hutton, Subban and a 2nd at least. I don't think anyone of us would give up even 2 of those, knowing we'd be frontrunners 2 summers from now.

He's in his prime and is bound to have learned a thing or two by now. I'd totally be down on signing him in the future.. but like you say the window is closed and he's seemingly a Sabre until he's UFA.

1 hour ago, Lulover88 said:

How quickly people forget a guy has a habit of punching woman , when he can score a few goals .. 

Dont care how good an athlete he is ..  

glad hell be far away from my sisters and girlfriends 

Ok what? Punching women?

Shoving a crazy drunken broad is one thing, but to hit a woman is another... lets be clear on what you're meaning?

EDIT : I voted no because I never looked down my nose at him.

I hate to say it, but we need Evander Kane's swagger. Arrogant or not, he's a proven NHL calibre top 6 forward.

2 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

Agreeing with this assessment.  Right now, Hutton is a 5D.  He'll come around and have a nice career as a 3/4 D.  Just not now and is therefore not a match is a trade for Kane the way he has played.

Benning doesn't need the headaches.  He's another Kassian off the ice imo.  No thanks.

Whatever happens off the ice shouldn't be heavily considered unless it's assault or worse. Being arrogant isn't a crime. The guy made it to the big time. Let him come home already and tear it up for us. We need scorers just like him. 

If we did acquire him, I'd assume he gets top line minutes with the Sedins. Better than Eriksson on the ice, 6-7 years younger, and same cap hit. But only has 1 year left on his contract after this season. Acquiring him soon would be perfect for him since money is his motive, so a contract year with the Canucks would undoubtedly motivate him to play for his potential last big contract.

1 hour ago, guntrix said:

Agree, fully.    But I don't think his stock has gone up more than what Buffalo wanted in the first place.

They want a good hockey trade, and by all accounts were looking for a D man.

I would do Tanev for Kane tonight.

Archived