The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Resurgence of Kane's game

Bur14Kes17

Does Evander Kane's resurgence change how you feel about him  

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

45 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

After all Hockey has always and historically been about pleasing the Choir Boys,

whose opinions and condemnations are more above the law, than the law themselves.

Not Guilty is Not Guilty, proof assessed, decision made..  

Trust,

their are people in the world who will try to claim monetary damage for brain injuries from a shopping cart hitting their parked car.

People here were going nuts thinking that Lucic might become a Canuck, but a true POS like Kane is ok, because he wasn't a 2011 Champ Bruin. 

I don't understand this thread.  Was Benning actually targeting this guy for real or is this just an imaginary what if thread? Noticed a lot of noise around this topic at the beginning to the year...Don't like him and don't want him.  He could score fifty goals but it won't fix him.  To me he's a screwball and would not want him in the dressing room.  Not to mention he would just be another pending UFA in a year and what we would lose wouldn't be worth the trouble.  Let Buffalo enjoy is antics.

16 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

People here were going nuts thinking that Lucic might become a Canuck, but a true POS like Kane is ok, because he wasn't a 2011 Champ Bruin. 

FYI.. I was hoping we would get Lucic.  

He was smarter to stay away from the negativity this cities fan base can have toward rough and tumble players who possess an attitude that wins at all costs, . And live happily ever after in Edmonton.

9 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

FYI.. I was hoping we would get Lucic.  

He was smarter to stay away from the negativity this cities fan base can have toward rough and tumble players who possess an attitude that wins at all costs, . And live happily ever after in Edmonton.

Well, this is agree with in full. 

4 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Well, this is agree with in full. 

This is a good read on Kane,. written on the cusp of the trade to Buffalo..  Kid has strong family ties and values.. just needs to come home.

Imagine leaving home as a 14 year old, playing in the Dub whilst billeted out in Ladner, then living in Atlanta, then Winnipeg, then Buffalo.

Kane has needed some swagger just to survive.

If we got him now, or for next season, just to see his worth to being a UFA in 2018.. might be the introduction both the Canucks and Kane needs.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/evander-kane-problem-child/

6 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

I don't want either.  Lucic is an absolute scumbag, but Kane's off-ice issues are just as much of a concern.  Despite being from here,  neither should be made to feel welcome in Vancouver.

I would sign him once he becomes an UFA. Not worth losing assets over, but we definitely need guys like this to become competitive again - especially in the playoffs. I think his off ice shenanigans are overblown. I mean, really, who wouldn't want Seguin on their team now? He was said to have similar off ice issues when he was traded from Boston. Although JB was a part of trading away Seguin for LE... so I do not see this happening. I hope it does, but it probably won't. 

7 hours ago, King Heffy said:

I don't want either.  Lucic is an absolute scumbag, but Kane's off-ice issues are just as much of a concern.  Despite being from here,  neither should be made to feel welcome in Vancouver.

How is Lucic a scumbag, on a level with the sexual assaulter, Kane?

Cause he ran over Miller? What?

On 2/11/2017 at 8:08 PM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Voted "no" because Kane's play of late doesn't surprise me. He's basically being the player I was expecting (which is the reason I had interest in him even with all the off ice stuff).

Where my opinion has changed is in what I'd expect his price tag to be. At the worst moments of his criminal case, I felt a trade could be very good value (if a trade was even available at that time).

At this point though, I don't see us having the assets (to spare) that would be required to make a deal.

I feel, and felt, the exact same way.

12 hours ago, SilentSam said:

This is a good read on Kane,. written on the cusp of the trade to Buffalo..  Kid has strong family ties and values.. just needs to come home.

Imagine leaving home as a 14 year old, playing in the Dub whilst billeted out in Ladner, then living in Atlanta, then Winnipeg, then Buffalo.

Kane has needed some swagger just to survive.

If we got him now, or for next season, just to see his worth to being a UFA in 2018.. might be the introduction both the Canucks and Kane needs.

Lot's of kids leave home under more stress full situations than Kane, broken families, native children being abandoned etc. I don't feel one iota of sympathy for Kane.

On 2/11/2017 at 5:54 PM, Lockhart said:

No, I don't want a fast, physical forward who would be our leading scorer.

It's a team game, and players hate the guy.

he's an idiot, zero class, and he would only be our leading scorer maybe at the wild Duck if it was still open. He would spend more time at the Roxy fighting with girls then he would spend practicing at the rink.

The guy sux. 

2 hours ago, ice orca said:

Lot's of kids leave home under more stress full situations than Kane, broken families, native children being abandoned etc. I don't feel one iota of sympathy for Kane.

I have some sympathy, and everyone deals with things differently, but I agree that it's hardly a unique sob story where we should congratulate him for not being a quivering, crying boy-child locked in the fetal position. Plenty of players move far away from home to get better opportunities to play and try and earn a chance at a multi-million dollar hockey career. Kane having played his WHL days in front of a home town crowd was pretty gravy by comparison. Atlanta, Winnipeg and Buffalo might not be the cultural meccas of the world, but things could be far worse, AKA making $15-20 bucks an hour (or worse) as a guy in his early twenties and renting some crappy basement suite because you aren't even close to being able to afford to buy.

18 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

Why is this in canucks talk?

I've been wondering that since the start.

2 hours ago, ice orca said:

I don't think sympathy is the point. The point is that everyone close to him respects him and says good things about him, and that he worked very hard throughout his life to get where he is now.

12 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

I don't think sympathy is the point. The point is that everyone close to him respects him and says good things about him, and that he worked very hard throughout his life to get where he is now.

This guy says hello.

buff.jpg

In February, while Kane was calling his situation with the Jets “unique” and welcoming a “fresh start” in Buffalo, his former team was making light of the track suit incident. When coach Paul Maurice showed up to a scrum without a suit jacket on, he told reporters that despite his dress code violation, “My clothes aren’t wet.” Of course, only the guys in that room know the inner workings of Kane’s relationship with his teammates and how it may have changed after the shower episode and the healthy scratch.

He's irked a lot of people in his time. It's nice that a number of people have talked about him in a good light, but clearly he's got character issues that don't make it all rosy.

How can you not love that face? ^_^

But in junior even though he was a very hard working player he still rubbed some teammates the wrong way. As he got more entitled in the pros, that did nothing to lessen some of the conflicts he created within teams he played for.

Here's the link to the article where the quote in my previous post is from:

Sure, he likes his money, flash, Vegas trips, etc. but someone like Subban is a good example of how you can do so and not come off as cocky and insensitive.

If the price for Kane is prime assets, we're better off waiting for him to become a UFA. If we're determined to spend those kind of assets, I'd rather shoot higher and go after Landeskog, the guy with so much character they made him captain in his 2nd or 3rd season.

Landeskog coming here makes a lot more sense than Kane, considering the type of team Benning wants to build. Horvat, Gudbranson, and Landeskog would be an excellent  core of future leaders for our team.

Archived