Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

North Korea shoots missile 500km in 'show of force' to Trump, says South


ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Recommended Posts

If north Korea was dumb enough to pick a fight with anybody youd see the greatest one day mobilization of troops in a long time it would be a short war.But northkorea has something like 6million people ready to fight with a regular army of over one million.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

There was a reason why I made a topic on this matter in the first place, yes I know they have been doing it for years and nothing to show for it, but my gut this time felt like it was something more that could easily escalate especially with Trump as a President. Now it's really starting to escalate, to the point people actually need to start worrying a bit more imo, we don't need WW3 the end....

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

There was a reason why I made a topic on this matter in the first place, yes I know they have been doing it for years and nothing to show for it, but my gut this time felt like it was something more that could easily escalate especially with Trump as a President. Now it's really starting to escalate, to the point people actually need to start worrying a bit more imo, we don't need WW3 the end....

Ww3? North Korea? You joking? 2 weeks of war and the North will be destroyed and bankrupt.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Ww3? North Korea? You joking? 2 weeks of war and the North will be destroyed and bankrupt.

2 USN subs patrolling off the shores of Korea unload...20 minutes later North Korea is a sizzling wok.   KIA Motors in the south will have an unheard of "radiation sale" on all vehicles.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Lol there will be more involved by then like Russia and China.

I think as long as the usa doesnt do anything horribly atrocious they will stay to the sides and let north korea get whats coming to them. I have no doubt they would scream non stop in the media but wont do anything to protect kim

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Hamhuis Hip Check said:

I think as long as the usa doesnt do anything horribly atrocious they will stay to the sides and let north korea get whats coming to them. I have no doubt they would scream non stop in the media but wont do anything to protect kim

I think that's exactly how I would feel if someone else was president and not Trump tbh. The guy is just such a loose cannon and he doesn't think before he acts and because of this it's hard to think a war would go that smooth. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot depends on how long Xi Jingping can remain in power.  His rivals are pro-North Korea.... but he isn't.  A lot of the purges has isolated Kim even more.... I believe even his own godfather, Zhou Yongkang, has been imprisoned under corruption charges.

 

Best case scenario might be the collapse and integration of North Korea, similar to East Germany.  Decades worth of rebuilding will take place (heck, "rebuilding" is still happening with East Germany)..... thus giving China maybe a 50 year worth of buffer state.  China could easily also just claim the entire Yalu river region under some guise of ancestral claim or whatever BS and just that as a semi-permanent buffer zone between itself and an US ally (assuming the alliance will still be in place).  

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lancaster said:

A lot depends on how long Xi Jingping can remain in power.  His rivals are pro-North Korea.... but he isn't.  A lot of the purges has isolated Kim even more.... I believe even his own godfather, Zhou Yongkang, has been imprisoned under corruption charges.

 

Best case scenario might be the collapse and integration of North Korea, similar to East Germany.  Decades worth of rebuilding will take place (heck, "rebuilding" is still happening with East Germany)..... thus giving China maybe a 50 year worth of buffer state.  China could easily also just claim the entire Yalu river region under some guise of ancestral claim or whatever BS and just that as a semi-permanent buffer zone between itself and an US ally (assuming the alliance will still be in place).  

It's tempting to draw parallels between East Germany & North Korea, but the two regions/situations are too different, & there's been too much change in the nearly three-decade interim.

 

Internationally in the late 80's, there was a lot of faith in the western 'system', & the assumption that it had proven itself superior to socialist/communist alternatives. Since that time, there's been abuse of power & shattered trust associated within this flawed system.

 

From 1989 > forward, the western PTB squandered virtually all trust & goodwill in the intl arena. Their power & influence in the Asian region appears uneven & outdated.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-07-06 at 7:21 PM, CBH1926 said:

Korea is used by China to threaten USA, and USA uses Korea as poor man's "evil empire" substitute.

In the end USA, China or Russia are not starting WW3 over NK.

Not so sure about that. China has enjoyed having N. Korea as a buffer between them and the US troops in Busan. 

 

China would not want Allied troops on its boarders. 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rocky Balboa said:

Not so sure about that. China has enjoyed having N. Korea as a buffer between them and the US troops in Busan. 

 

China would not want Allied troops on its boarders. 

 

 

 

 

No they would not want U.S troops on the border.

But again not sure if it would be worth for them to start WW3 over it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

No they would not want U.S troops on the border.

But again not sure if it would be worth for them to start WW3 over it.

not sure if potentially starting WW3 is worth the US doing anything to NK.  Flip side of the coin.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gurn said:

not sure if potentially starting WW3 is worth the US doing anything to NK.  Flip side of the coin.

Good point, but U.S. has the ability to wipe out Korea from face of the earth in matter of minutes.

Korea on the other hand lacks that ability.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Only problem is that while they can wipe out N. Korea they couldn't take out all of their artillery in time. 

 

Old Son-OF-Ronrey would probably launch all he could at Seoul. 

 

I think Seoul is only 60 kms from the DMZ.  That's like Vancouver to  Abbotsford. 

 

I guess aslong as it's not Los Angeles, the Americans don't care. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...