The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Report) Are trade winds blowing between Boston and Colorado?

2 hours ago, Drakrami said:

Except, Colorado's rebuild is at least 3 years away, by that time Tanev is already 30 on an expiring contract. GM101. 

Colorado should be coming out of the rebuild. Mackinnon will be leaving there as a FA before the rebuild is completed by that count. 

9 hours ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

30 with lots of games left to play, on a great contract and would give his d corps a steady hand.  Not hard to see where a 26 y/o Tanev would be very desirable for a team like Colorado with young defenders.  

Tanev is the definition of a foundational player. He provides experience, an example and can log the hard minutes to give the rest of his defence and breather. 

Colorado has enough young raw talent, they will pick up another top prospect this year.  What they need are some key vets to provide leadership and steadiness.  

Carlo has benefited from having Chara and co to provide that in Boston. Throw him into Colorado and he now is expected to lead the d corps while being 21. He is not Eckblad. 

If Carlo can garner that much interest, Tanev should be able to equal it.   The Avs are the next Oilers. Looking to keep hitting 1st oa picks until a McJesus comes along. 

The cure isn't to add even more young players, but to add a key vet or two to leader way out. 

They need leadership and steadiness; so they are going to trade away their captain and their leading goal scorer who are in their prime. makes sense lol.. 

Colorado wants picks, prospects or young players. Keep thinking that they need a 27 years old Tanev just because we want to trade Tanev away. 

4 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

They need leadership and steadiness; so they are going to trade away their captain and their leading goal scorer who are in their prime. makes sense lol.. 

Colorado wants picks, prospects or young players. Keep thinking that they need a 27 years old Tanev just because we want to trade Tanev away. 

That's another reason they'd have much more interest in Hutton. I think they'd have some interest in a package including Hutton+Granlund. I think we could make a deal happen depending on what other trades we might make. 

3 minutes ago, Pears said:

That's another reason they'd have much more interest in Hutton. I think they'd have some interest in a package including Hutton+Granlund. I think we could make a deal happen depending on what other trades we might make. 

Not to be mean but that's a pretty bad package. Boston could easily match and add. 

6 minutes ago, suitup said:

Not to be mean but that's a pretty bad package. Boston could easily match and add. 

It's not as bad as you think really. Hutton has pretty good top 4 potential and would get consistent top 4 minutes on Colorado to live up to that potential. Even though it's just this year Granlund is quietly on pace for 20 goals. 

Seriously...screw Duchene and Landeskog 

Colorado is set to draft Patrick or Hischier.

Trade them a package for Jost who st that point will be an expendable C they'd have to bury on the 3rd line.

I'm very familiar with Jost.  He's a passable winger if needed but a far better center and would be buried behind Mackinnon and Patrick/Hischier.  As such figure out what it would take to get him.

Although I see Nashville sending Fabbro ++ to the Avs for either one of Duchene or Landeskog before we ever make that play

4 hours ago, Pears said:

It's not as bad as you think really. Hutton has pretty good top 4 potential and would get consistent top 4 minutes on Colorado to live up to that potential. Even though it's just this year Granlund is quietly on pace for 20 goals. 

But Boston can still put up a better offer than that. Spooner + one of their expendable d-men alone would beat our package. Add a pick and we have no chance. 

20 goals is nice, and I'm very happy that he is, but he's not even on pace to hit 40 pts, which is where you want to be as a top 6 player. I would take the deal you proposed too, but I just don't see it on Colorado's end. I mean I wouldn't give up a player who is young, a captain, and has a history of posting about 50-60 points a season (or at least on pace) for Hutton + Granlund and if you were being honest I don't think you would either. Sorry.

10 minutes ago, suitup said:

But Boston can still put up a better offer than that. Spooner + one of their expendable d-men alone would beat our package. Add a pick and we have no chance. 

20 goals is nice, and I'm very happy that he is, but he's not even on pace to hit 40 pts, which is where you want to be as a top 6 player. I would take the deal you proposed too, but I just don't see it on Colorado's end. I mean I wouldn't give up a player who is young, a captain, and has a history of posting about 50-60 points a season (or at least on pace) for Hutton + Granlund and if you were being honest I don't think you would either. Sorry.

I don't think either BOS or VAN can match other teams. I hear PIT is in on Landy even though the possibilities of him being acquired are next to impossible. What about NSH? They have plenty of young D-men that are exceptional. But if Landy were to be traded to BOS I think the package would be a 1st and a high end D prospect, probably McAvoy? BOS isn't going to move Carlo, he's too important.

1 hour ago, Jam126 said:

I don't think either BOS or VAN can match other teams. I hear PIT is in on Landy even though the possibilities of him being acquired are next to impossible. What about NSH? They have plenty of young D-men that are exceptional. But if Landy were to be traded to BOS I think the package would be a 1st and a high end D prospect, probably McAvoy? BOS isn't going to move Carlo, he's too important.

I don't doubt other teams can make a better offer than BOS. Just saying BOS can outmatch VAN, and if VAN can't even outmatch BOS, how can VAN possibly make and deal without being laughed at? 

I do agree with you though. Nashville always seems to have plenty at defense. 

48 minutes ago, suitup said:

I don't doubt other teams can make a better offer than BOS. Just saying BOS can outmatch VAN, and if VAN can't even outmatch BOS, how can VAN possibly make and deal without being laughed at? 

I do agree with you though. Nashville always seems to have plenty at defense. 

I don't think we should even go for Landy. I'd rather focus on drafting and developing players from within. But I don't think BOS should even go for Landy either, they're not exactly a cup contender.

54 minutes ago, Jam126 said:

I don't think we should even go for Landy. I'd rather focus on drafting and developing players from within. But I don't think BOS should even go for Landy either, they're not exactly a cup contender.

I agree. I think if BOS has the pieces it wouldn't hurt them to go after Landeskog. He really fits into their team and team culture really well. He's only 24, he's got a lot of years left to offer.

Archived