The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Gaunce recalled from utica

orcasgonewild

Going to be interesting to see how the lines shake out now, if Horvat can't go tomorrow. I'm assuming it'll be Chaput moving up and Gaunce centering the fourth line.

Sedin-Sedin-Granlund

Eriksson-Sutter-Hansen

Burrows-Chaput-Megna

Boucher-Gaunce-Skille

Something like that? Almost means we have two fourth lines with Horvat and Baertschi out... unless WD keeps Megna in the top six and puts Hansen/Eriksson with Chaput.

It'd be nice to see Gaunce get at least 10 minutes; I don't think that's asking too much since he showed well in Utica and has been a hard worker all season. Plus It'll be important to spread out the ice time so Henrik and Sutter aren't worn out too badly, and I feel like Boucher/Gaunce/Skille has the potential to chip in here and there.

If I was Willie I would put Gaunce in Bo's spot right between Burrows and Hansen. Burrows is a great mentor for our young guys, look what happened to Bo's and Sven's game when Burrows played on there line, they dominated. Plus, Burrows and Hansen have been rolling lately. I hope Bo is okay, he plays with so much heart, blocking a shot with a 2 goal lead under 1 minute. That just shows what kind of player he is, I love this guy!

50 minutes ago, J-23 said:

If I was Willie I would put Gaunce in Bo's spot right between Burrows and Hansen. Burrows is a great mentor for our young guys, look what happened to Bo's and Sven's game when Burrows played on there line, they dominated. Plus, Burrows and Hansen have been rolling lately. I hope Bo is okay, he plays with so much heart, blocking a shot with a 2 goal lead under 1 minute. That just shows what kind of player he is, I love this guy!

+10000000 fantastic idea 

Burrows gaunce Hansen 

All 3 make any line they are put on better

Would be interesting to see if Gaunce gets a shot where he was originally projected - a top-9 two-way center. Similar to Sutter and Horvat but less offensive skill, but lets see what the kid can do with some real linemates.

Sedin - Sedin - Granlund

Hansen - Gaunce - Burrows

Eriksson - Sutter - Megna

Skille - Chaput - Boucher

Give it a whirl

Gaunce deserves a bit more of a shot with NHL players. He's been playing with some tweeners all year basically. I'm into the Burr Gaunce Hansen line if it is Bo who's out. If it's Sutter who's out then we need to think about what to do with Eriksson, don't think he'll want to play with Megna and Gaunce too much

1 hour ago, Nuck-Shot said:

Give the man some linemates for the love of god

You could say that for more than 1 line on this team.

God, I've been watching them since '82 and when it first became apparent that the Sedins really were something special, this organization STILL failed to find them a consistent winger.... over almost TWENTY YEARS. 
That is a fail of massive, unbeatable epic proportion.

Seriously. you have TWO players who've put up 1,000 points each for your team during the same time period and you didn't manage to surround them with enough good players to win a Cup?

That makes you and everyone involved over that time a 5 star %$#@ up.

They won't win one here so send them somewhere they can, if you "respect" them so much. Same for Burr, Edler, and maybe Hansen.

The whole slow turn over of a roster almost never works. they should have gutted this team after 2011 and they still haven't SIX YEARS LATER.

Result? Yeah, Benning and Co. come in and promise a "rebuild on the fly" ........... uh ok.......... well it's been 3 years geniuses. You inherited an 82 point team, and you still have one now, while burning an entire 3 year ELC in a future star Horvat in the process.

Wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, b3. said:

Hopefully he can snipe a few genos.

He was putting up points in Utica as soon as he got back there.

it's time, I really feel like this could be his best opportunity ........SHOOT MAN! SHOOT LIKE YOIU"RE LIFE DEPENDS ON IT

And contrary to rumor the "o" zone is not filled with poisonous gas, it is safe to travel there

If ever someone needed a Gordie Howe Hat trick it's Gaunce

1 hour ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Would be interesting to see if Gaunce gets a shot where he was originally projected - a top-9 two-way center. Similar to Sutter and Horvat but less offensive skill, but lets see what the kid can do with some real linemates.

Sedin - Sedin - Granlund

Hansen - Gaunce - Burrows

Eriksson - Sutter - Megna

Skille - Chaput - Boucher

Give it a whirl

Zero goals in 47 games tells that's highly unlikely.

Archived