The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Finland To Become First Country to Abolish All School Subjects

nucklehead

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

I feel sorry for me   ( not  if  but when )  the BC Liberals win again..

Sucks to live in a  mean spirited province that is anti public education /  does not take care of its special needs kids and mentally ill......

I posted an article that puts B.C on top in Canada.

Btw you never know maybe the Greens will sweep to power. The green slimey wave.

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

I posted an article that puts B.C on top in Canada.

Btw you never know maybe the Greens will sweep to power. The green slimey wave.

BC education gets a bump from certain ethic groups..... that DO value education....

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

I just decided to look up what you posted and found that B.C seems to do well in education. I was kinda surprised myself.

Denmark actually has no provincial exams / regional assessments at all.

Pointless letting teachers waste students learning time by teaching to a standard memorization exam.... Like we do here. 

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

Denmark actually has no provincial exams / regional assessments at all.

Pointless letting teachers waste students learning time by teaching to a standard memorization exam.... Like we do here. 

Your comparison was throughout Canada. You said B.C is at the bottom that doesn't seem to be the case, not even close in fact.

Your comparison was throughout Canada. You said B.C is at the bottom that doesn't seem to be the case, not even close in fact.

I said BC wast the worst funded province for public education...... that is what i posted 

Here is an interesting read about finland.

https://newrepublic.com/article/82329/education-reform-finland-us

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

I said BC wast the worst funded province for public education...... that is what i posted 

Here is an interesting read about finland.

https://newrepublic.com/article/82329/education-reform-finland-us

I will check a funding chart then. You also went on to say our kids will be left behind if you live in B.C. According to that chart they're leading the Country.

4 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Imagine the results we could get in BC with our students if the BC liberals would just fund our Province at the Canadian Average per student....  or better ....

The BC unions would never go for it. 

11 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I will check a funding chart then. You also went on to say our kids will be left behind if you live in B.C. According to that chart they're leading the Country.

You can find different charts i am guessing. Everybody can fudge their numbers depending on what you want to portray....

Here is one..

K12_Figure2-700x483.png

That's interesting. I wonder why B.C was ranked so high. I guess us B.C students were/are over achievers. :P

yes it is a bit of strange situation..  BC funding is very low by canadian standards but results on standardized testing are quite high.....

I wonder if it may have to do with immigration to BC  /  ethnic breakdown of our BC population.

I don't want to be accused of being racist but BC does get high immigration from a  country that has very high standards of academic success/ test success here .....

Archived