The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Penguins

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Mustapha said:

0 goals, 5 assists in 48 games...This quote sums up Gaunce's season, not just this game.

Playing primarily with offensive juggernauts skillie and chapoo who get double shifted and moved up the line up while he sits. 

Limited ice time garbage defensive system and burried on the 4th line yeah he sucks for not scoring. 

He was one of vancouver best forwards tonight and had a couple good chances, weird what happens when you get a real chance to be successful.

on the skilless team benning assemble where the first line barely scores to blame a 4th liner for not scoring is Ludicrous .

Just now, BLU3GR33NBL00D said:

Seriously

Get some pick for whomever

Don't touch Stetch, Bo and Tryamkin.

Otherwise TL and JB, grow a pair and make some moves in these next couple weeks!

You are basically saying that we should trade Tanev, Edler, Gudbranson, Sbisa, Hutton, Granlund, Sutter, Baer, Loui, hank, dank, Hansen, Miller and Markstrom

you are a wicked GM.  Please stay away from my team please 

3 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

This will all be forgotten when sipping on Gin n Juice and cranking up the BBQ for the draft lottery party.  Hopefully the sun will be shining, Larsen will be in Europe working as a DJ at the disco,  and the shames of Calgary will have missed the playoffs by 2 points.

You're right.  The draft lottery party was sooooo much fun when we dropped 2 spots last year. 

51 minutes ago, Adarsh Sant said:

Horvat, Sutter (64 pts, 31 G) – replaced with – Gaunce, Biega (7 pts, 0 G)

Malkin (54 pts, 22 G before game) back in Penguins lineup

Penguins have a THIRD LINE which is better than our first line (94 pts) vs (89 pts)

Our 2nd and 3rd line centers are Brendan Gaunce and Jayson Megna

Can anyone really complain that we lost this game? Pens will beat us 99 times out of 100 with this lineup. Simply put, they are better than us by a longshot. Crosby, Malkin and Bonino are 50x better than Hank, Gaunce and Megna.

Great game by Miller btw.

Does this mean we cannot count on the Sedins or Ericksson to step up when we need them for score anymore? After all they do make the most money and take up most of the cap space.... guess that doesn't matter.

25 minutes ago, Salacious Crumb said:

So now that they're 36 and not winning trophies it's ok to pile on?

I get that you're trying to be funny but they've given everything they have to the team and over $2M that we know about to charity. 

They haven't won any trophies in a long long time.

Nobody is arguing that they are upstanding guys off the ice...but they are paid to produce on the ice.

It's not just them though, its the coaching staff and management that allow this atmosphere of mediocrity to continue.

Loui Eriksson looks like he's on vacation most nights, I thought he was supposed to be some offensive force. Pure garbage with an anchor for a contract.

Age is no excuse. Thornton and Marleau are as dynamic as ever despite not being the big guns anymore, and Brent Burns is only 5 years younger than the Sedins and he is over a point per game as a defenseman, currently in contention for the Art Ross. ( The first since Bobby Orr)

Let's face facts: The Sedins are nice guys, I am sure they love the city, their fans and whatnot, but they don't have the drive to win a championship. They will go as far as their skill takes them, and when things get tough down the stretch, they will fold like a cheap tent. Sacrifice for the pride of the team, these things are not part of their repertoire. 'Killer instinct' and 'Sedin' aren't things you associate together.

1 minute ago, Stelar said:

You're right.  The draft lottery party was sooooo much fun when we dropped 2 spots last year. 

I had fun.  Lots of fun.  Getting a blue chip D prospect wasnt horrible either.

Lighten up.

1 minute ago, Mustapha said:

They haven't won any trophies in a long long time.

Nobody is arguing that they are upstanding guys off the ice...but they are paid to produce on the ice.

It's not just them though, its the coaching staff and management that allow this atmosphere of mediocrity to continue.

Loui Eriksson looks like he's on vacation most nights, I thought he was supposed to be some offensive force. Pure garbage with an anchor for a contract.

Age is no excuse. Thornton and Marleau are as dynamic as ever despite not being the big guns anymore, and Brent Burns is only 5 years younger than the Sedins and he is over a point per game as a defenseman, currently in contention for the Art Ross. ( The first since Bobby Orr)

Let's face facts: The Sedins are nice guys, I am sure they love the city, their fans and whatnot, but they don't have the drive to win a championship. They will go as far as their skill takes them, and when things get tough down the stretch, they will fold like a cheap tent. Sacrifice for the pride of the team, these things are not part of their repertoire. 'Killer instinct' and 'Sedin' aren't things you associate together.

Well said Mustapha. Sad but true for the beloved Sedins. I think you are right in that the coach should take the pressure off of them and stop treating them like the #1 line and #1 PP unit. Let them ease into retirement and give the C to Bo for gods sakes!

10 minutes ago, Stelar said:

You are basically saying that we should trade Tanev, Edler, Gudbranson, Sbisa, Hutton, Granlund, Sutter, Baer, Loui, hank, dank, Hansen, Miller and Markstrom

you are a wicked GM.  Please stay away from my team please 

I think it's quite clear I'm not saying trade EVERYBODY cept 88, 53 and 51 ! Lol

(And yes, I probably would be a terrible GM given my lack of NHL experience; I'll leave the brilliant GM ideas for you to come up with)

53 minutes ago, Adarsh Sant said:

Horvat, Sutter (64 pts, 31 G) – replaced with – Gaunce, Biega (7 pts, 0 G)

Malkin (54 pts, 22 G before game) back in Penguins lineup

Penguins have a THIRD LINE which is better than our first line (94 pts) vs (89 pts)

Our 2nd and 3rd line centers are Brendan Gaunce and Jayson Megna

Can anyone really complain that we lost this game? Pens will beat us 99 times out of 100 with this lineup. Simply put, they are better than us by a longshot. Crosby, Malkin and Bonino are 50x better than Hank, Gaunce and Megna.

Great game by Miller btw.

This is absolutely right. And it shows how far away the Canucks are from having a Stanley Cup contender. Their best player is Horvat and, in my view, there is not another legitimate first line forward on the team right now.  And a big part of their team right now is a veteran goaltender is a UFA after this season and probably does not have a lot of time left in his career anyway. Not to mention the Sedins who are good for their age but, by next year, will be fortunate if they are still legitimate second liners. And it is not like the Canuck prospects are tearing up the AHL or the CHL this year either.

Time for Benning to accept reality and make whatever trades he can to get more draft picks this year and then do something to live up to his reputation for good drafting.

1 minute ago, BLU3GR33NBL00D said:

I think it's quite clear I'm not saying trade EVERYBODY cept 88, 53 and 51 ! Lol

(And yes, I probably would be a terrible GM given my lack of experience; I'll leave the brilliant GM ideas for you come up with)

Thanks 

27 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"The way Millsy was playing, he was great. If we had scored on one of our chances in the 3rd, maybe we'd have gotten a point." - Desjardins

Sound strategy,

"Score more than other team to win games"

I like it

6 minutes ago, combover said:

Playing primarily with offensive juggernauts skillie and chapoo who get double shifted and moved up the line up while he sits. 

Limited ice time garbage defensive system and burried on the 4th line yeah he sucks for not scoring. 

He was one of vancouver best forwards tonight and had a couple good chances, weird what happens when you get a real chance to be successful.

on the skilless team benning assemble where the first line barely scores to blame a 4th liner for not scoring is Ludicrous .

Sounds like Willie doesn't trust the kid much, he rarely plays more than ten minutes a night.

The fact that Gaunce stood out to you tonight says more about this team than it does about Gaunce.

44 minutes ago, Salacious Crumb said:

So now that they're 36 and not winning trophies it's ok to pile on?

I get that you're trying to be funny but they've given everything they have to the team and over $2M that we know about to charity. 

Just critiquing the player's; not the philanthropists. In my line of work, if you're old, overpaid, and underperforming they lay you off. Apples to oranges, but the real world is a b#&ch.

First period looked like it could go either way and same for early in second period then the Canucks looked like they gave up or the Pens found their rhythm.  Terrible end result anyways, but Miller kept it in since it could've been worse.

Archived