The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U/Switch)

DollarAndADream

7 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

So should I get this game for Wii U or wait 5 years and possibly buy a Switch?

I'm definitely not buying a Switch until there's a library of games worth playing. Not making the same mistake I did with the Wii U.

sounds like you already made up your mind

52 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Well, if the Wii U version is broken, even if not to the extent @DollarAndADream went through, I'd rather wait.

I'll sell you mine for $70 since I don't need it anymore. :lol:

It's definitely worth it for Wii U. There's millions who have it for Wii U and are very much enjoying it. Just not me and a few others with crashing issues... <_<

1 hour ago, DollarAndADream said:

It's definitely worth it for Wii U. There's millions who have it for Wii U and are very much enjoying it. Just not me and a few others with crashing issues... <_<

should've traded it in at EB today. they would've given you $80 lul.

4 minutes ago, Lil B From The Pack said:

Haha, actually did that. I decided to open my SE, so I brought in Twilight Princess HD and BoTW and got 135$ for both. 

I got BoTW for 72$ as well (Prime!), so I actually made money selling my used game lul

23 minutes ago, Lil B From The Pack said:

I'm hoping that the Switch goes in stock before the beginning of April. EB Games still has that deal until April for Wii U games if it goes towards a Switch. But only if it goes towards a Switch, so you just have to hope they have one soon, since the deal ends on like April 3rd or something.

57 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

I'm hoping that the Switch goes in stock before the beginning of April. EB Games still has that deal until April for Wii U games if it goes towards a Switch. But only if it goes towards a Switch, so you just have to hope they have one soon, since the deal ends on like April 3rd or something.

Depending if your store does it, I'd just trade in your games towards pre-orders on Switch games and then when they have consoles in stock, transfer that credit towards your console purchase. Pretty much what I did a few days before launch.

3 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

My Wii U already crashes on occasion, so I could end up in the same boat as you.

Glad to hear people are enjoying the game, and on both systems. I've been skeptical this whole time after playing Skyward Sword.

4 hours ago, Lil B From The Pack said:

Depending if your store does it, I'd just trade in your games towards pre-orders on Switch games and then when they have consoles in stock, transfer that credit towards your console purchase. Pretty much what I did a few days before launch.

I asked them if I could trade them in and put them on an EB Games card, then use that card on the Switch whenever they have stock, and they said know. Since the deal only applies if it's used towards the Switch. You have to be buying a Switch at the time in order to use the deal. Considering if they put your trade in money on an Edge card, and the deal ends in early April, there's no guaranteeing you'll be using that card on the Switch.

Crappy situation.

13 hours ago, Master Mind said:

My Wii U already crashes on occasion, so I could end up in the same boat as you.

Glad to hear people are enjoying the game, and on both systems. I've been skeptical this whole time after playing Skyward Sword.

Never got to play Skyward Sword, was it bad?

8 minutes ago, Mimerez said:

Never got to play Skyward Sword, was it bad?

It had it's moments, but was often frustrating or annoying. Fi nags you more than Navi, and they must have run out of ideas since you have to fight the same boss over and over. 

It was fun to swing the wiimote around like a sword though, I just wish it was more accurate. 

17 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

I asked them if I could trade them in and put them on an EB Games card, then use that card on the Switch whenever they have stock, and they said know. Since the deal only applies if it's used towards the Switch. You have to be buying a Switch at the time in order to use the deal. Considering if they put your trade in money on an Edge card, and the deal ends in early April, there's no guaranteeing you'll be using that card on the Switch.

Crappy situation.

Uhhh... no. Dunno who told you that you can only use it on the switch console only when their site it says this.

Double Trade Credit Towards Everything Switch

Offer Ends April 2

Customers will get double the trade value for any eligible games they trade towards the pre-order or purchase of any Switch hardware, games and accessories!

pretty much anything switch related.

4 minutes ago, Lil B From The Pack said:

Uhhh... no. Dunno who told you that you can only use it on the switch console only when their site it says this.

Double Trade Credit Towards Everything Switch

Offer Ends April 2

Customers will get double the trade value for any eligible games they trade towards the pre-order or purchase of any Switch hardware, games and accessories!

pretty much anything switch related.

Are you allowed to just transfer pre-order credit onto things you want to purchase at that time?

Just now, DollarAndADream said:

Are you allowed to just transfer pre-order credit onto things you want to purchase at that time?

It might depend on the store but in my case I pre-ordered 5 Switch games using my trade in credit and then I was able to transfer all of it towards the Switch on launch day. As long as you're still getting something Switch related in the end and not a PS4 Pro or something of the like, then you can transfer it. I'd ask them though.

Archived