The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Coyotes trade Martin Hanzal, Ryan White, 4th-round pick to Wild for Grayson Downing, 1st-round pick, 2nd-round pick, conditional pick

1 minute ago, HerrDrFunk said:

There's 28 other teams out there and we don't know if the Wild were ever serious about Hansen.

Every trade thread that ever gets made on CDC inevitably features a "(Insert name of the current Canucks GM), do something!" comment. It didn't make sense back when I joined the forum and it still doesn't.

4 minutes ago, HowYaDrouin said:

ARIZ is receiving a first-rounder, a second-rounder and a conditional pick that can become a second. MIN is all-in

wowwwwwww

That's insane.

Strome, Domi, Keller, Chychrun, DeAngelo, Duclair, Dvorak, Perlini, Crouse, Langhamer, etc. Potentially Patrick/Hischier, and another 1st round pick. 

And now that Minnesota's got Ryan White, Jannik Hansen is redundant. 

This is so déjà Vu. I remember all the cool and collected Benning lovers saying "calm down people there is still 5mins till the end of the trade deadline" as Benning sat and look at his blackberry in defeat. 

Same thing will happen this year guys. Just turn off your phone and enjoy the season finally of the curse of oak island tonight. 

6 minutes ago, HowYaDrouin said:

ARIZ is receiving a first-rounder, a second-rounder and a conditional pick that can become a second. MIN is all-in

wowwwwwww

Holy crap.

Hanzal and Hansen have almost identical PPG in their careers, but Hansen is a +46 while Hanzal is a -23

Same age.

The only upside I see with Hanzal is his size, but that's a LOT to pay for it!

This works out in Vancouver's favour.  Hanzal was probably the first choice for a lot of teams and now he's gone.  Burrows is probably a third choice for a lot of teams, and with one piece out of the running, burrows' value goes up.

Teams are now looking at Minny and thinking they are the team to beat and will need to upgrade to keep pace.

That's an amazing return. Minnesota is so well-stocked with great prospects that it doesn't even matter to them if they don't have any picks this year in the draft. Kaprizov, Greenway, Kunin, Eriksson Ek, Tuch... who needs a first or second rounder?

That being said, Hanzal is still pretty overrated to me. But this makes a deep team even deeper now. Although Chicago will probably still find a way to beat them anyway.

Just now, darkpoet said:

Holy crap.

Hanzal and Hansen have almost identical PPG in their careers, but Hansen is a +46 while Hanzal is a -23

Same age.

The only upside I see with Hanzal is his size, but that's a LOT to pay for it!

Hanzel is a 6'6, 225lb cman, with a 56% success rate.  They are not interchangeable.  Minny was obviously shopping for a cman

4 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

This is so déjà Vu. I remember all the cool and collected Benning lovers saying "calm down people there is still 5mins till the end of the trade deadline" as Benning sat and look at his blackberry in defeat. 

Same thing will happen this year guys. Just turn off your phone and enjoy the season finally of the curse of oak island tonight. 

One of the problems is you can't make the other guy trade with you. Takes two to tango.

Archived