The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Coyotes trade Martin Hanzal, Ryan White, 4th-round pick to Wild for Grayson Downing, 1st-round pick, 2nd-round pick, conditional pick

3 minutes ago, bobbyg43 said:

If you want one of there prized prospects creativity has to be key word (our former GM would have created some wizardry)

I will only hold out hope for 24 hours more as iron is hot now.

The Wild are unwilling to move their prospects.  Earlier this month McKenzie said it hasn't even crossed their mind to use one of Kunin, Greenway etc as currency.  It was always going to be draft picks.  

2 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

i wish people on here, instead of complaining about no trades, would give us an update on what teams were interested in our players and what they offered for them. then we could properly judge if benning has failed. that would be a post i would want to read. 

Does information like that ever go public?  

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

I don't see a big market for non UFA's.  I think teams will go for UFA's first and over pay to get them before they are gone.

There's too many ripples from non-ufa deals, imo.  Sure, you could argue they can be looked upon as a rental, if they are willing to expose him, but what if LV doesnt pick him?  Most teams in play have cap issues, and it's a risk to make a move for a player that increases the complexity of their ED strategy.

I'm sure there will be some movement there, but I think their value is low atb This deadline.  If they want to move Hansen, the off season or next deadline is the better move.

For Minnesota I think it makes sense. Hansen has good bang for the buck and minne has a ton of exposed players worth protection so adding more doesn't hurt their position for the expansion draft.

maybe they do go for Hansen still because it'd be a next year acquisition as well as this

16 minutes ago, stawns said:

Hanzel is a 6'6, 225lb cman, with a 56% success rate.  They are not interchangeable.  Minny was obviously shopping for a cman

Bingo. Hansen can certainly get a decent return, but this is an overpayment and isn't going to be indicative of the market.

1 minute ago, mll said:

The Wild were unwilling to move their prospects.  Earlier this month McKenzie said it hasn't even crossed their mind to use one of Kunin, Greenway etc as currency.  It was always going to be draft picks.  

Is this because their prospects are so good, or because this draft is so bad?

10 minutes ago, hatedkid666 said:

Thats a filthy lineup. Maybe is we retained salary on Hansen and took on a contract? idk, unlikely but just thinking of possible ways

Hard no on retaining salary beyond this year.  It's one of the easiest ways to cripple your team's future.  See Gillis, Mike.

17 minutes ago, theminister said:

One way to look at this though is that Minny did this deal without giving up a prospect and it's the lowest 1st they've potentially ever had.

Hanzal slots in as 3C, behind Staal and Koivu, and White replaces Graovac as 4C.

Granlund-Koivu-Zucker

Parise-Staal-Niederreitter

Coyle-Hanzal-Pominville

Huala-White-Stewart

I'd say very little room for Hansen.

And get what in return? A 3rd? 

4 minutes ago, goblix said:

For Minnesota I think it makes sense. Hansen has good bang for the buck and minne has a ton of exposed players worth protection so adding more doesn't hurt their position for the expansion draft.

maybe they do go for Hansen still because it'd be a next year acquisition as well as this

They don't have the cap room

5 minutes ago, goblix said:

They also have zero need for a winger

42 minutes ago, b3. said:

Wow.

Thought he would end up in Montreal.

Montreal was too slow :D Mini wants him.  I bet that was the end of the bidding war lol.  a 1st, and 2 potential 2nds.  If mini loses that GM is on the hot seat LOL

Archived