The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Coyotes trade Martin Hanzal, Ryan White, 4th-round pick to Wild for Grayson Downing, 1st-round pick, 2nd-round pick, conditional pick

1 minute ago, mll said:

He's in the AHL.  He wants an opportunity elsewhere so they hope a team will claim him.

A rebuilding team would probably be better for him. Guy's on the bubble need opportunity. Not bound to see much of that on a contender.

17 minutes ago, hatedkid666 said:

Its not like we need the 1.25m next year

I'd rather have it available.  That's the difference between Larsen and a legit NHLer.  No reason to destroy cap flexibility for more than one season just for the sake of making a trade.

Gillis crippled the team for a decade by retaining salary on Luongo instead of using the compliance buyout.

8 minutes ago, mll said:

The Wild are not at all pleased with Graovac - he's in the AHL and will likely not be called up.

Try  Stewart Haula White -  with Schroeder as extra.

Can't remember who said this, but they said that the Wild wanted a winger so they could move Coyle back in the middle.  It looks like this changes that theory.

Hanzal is a helluva faceoff man

Wow, in the space of an hour Minny overpays and LA underpays. 

If we got that return for Miller I'd be disappointed, and IF Jim was holding out for more, good for him, LA fleeced Tampa. 

On Hanzal, we don't have a player that can net anything close to that for the TDL.

Our best options for trades are still ANA for Miller and Burr to NYR. Hansen... hard to say, maybe Montreal but honestly I'd rather keep Hansen for next season. 

1 minute ago, Crabcakes said:

Can't remember who said this, but they said that the Wild wanted a winger so they could move Coyle back in the middle.  It looks like this changes that theory.

Hanzal is a helluva faceoff man

Coyle has struggled at times at C and getting Staal has allowed him to move back to wing.  If they couldn't get a C he would have moved to C3.

2 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Wow, in the space of an hour Minny overpays and LA underpays. 

If we got that return for Miller I'd be disappointed, and IF Jim was holding out for more, good for him, LA fleeced Tampa. 

On Hanzal, we don't have a player that can net anything close to that for the TDL.

Our best options for trades are still ANA for Miller and Burr to NYR. Hansen... hard to say, maybe Montreal but honestly I'd rather keep Hansen for next season. 

The Bishop trade really didn't set any standards for goaling trading  than a team crossed off Miller's list. There was a tweet posted that said Tampa needed room to pay bonuses so I get that.

4 hours ago, MikeyBoy44 said:

The Bishop trade really didn't set any standards for goaling trading  than a team crossed off Miller's list. There was a tweet posted that said Tampa needed room to pay bonuses so I get that.

Yah but ouch. Its so funny people start to lose their ^#^@ when deals start happening, they can't race to the bottom fast enough :lol:  Miller to LA for a 7th rounder and a bag of pucks Jim you idiot!!! Please. 

6 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Yah but ouch. Its so funny people start to lose their sh!t when deals start happening, they can't race to the bottom fast enough :lol:  Miller to LA for a 7th rounder and a bag of pucks Jim you idiot!!! Please. 

I know there has been a ton of talk in the media and on here for Benning to move people.  Benning has even said that he is asking all the NTC guys for lists and he may move a D too but how motivated is he really?  

For the trade deadline, if Benning moves Miller or Hansen, he will have to turn around and replace them before next season starts.  Burr?  Who knows.  But would he not be better to keep them UNLESS he gets a great offer?

I'm inclined to think that only Burrows gets moved and I wouldn't be surprised if he brings him back as a free agent on July 1.

Other players are more likely moved near the draft or July 1 imo

1 hour ago, mll said:

No more cap space left - Russo wrote earlier this week that their limit is max 3M.  They've also just signed Carter for depth (he's on waivers en route to the AHL).  

Looks like they are set.  Practice lines today were:

Niederreiter Staal Coyle

Zucker Koivu Granlund

Parise Haula Pominville

Stewart Dalpe Schroeder -----   Haula and Hanzal will be C3/C4 and Dalpe out of the lineup.

Dalpe got put on waivers today.... pay attention. 

Archived