The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Alex Burrows to Senators for Jonathan Dahlen

1 minute ago, Apricot said:

I NEED MORE INFO. IS THERE A PICK INVOLVED? DID WE JUST PERFORM HIGHWAY ROBBERY FROM THE SENS? 

Unless there's another substantial piece in play, JB just kicked in PD's door, rolled him up in a carpet and threw him off a bridge.

S05E03_31.png

3 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Ryan Biech needs to calm down.

2 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

Burrows on Montreal's radio show (91.9 Sports FM), where he's a frequent invitee:

- Mixed emotions

- Had a great conversation with Benning

- Ottawa great fit for him, playoff contender

- Ottawa expect Burrows to fill McArthur's shoes

- Playing MTL (his hometown) 3 times in 8 days in March, will be interesting

- Good past experience with Crow and Boucher

It's a 2-hour commute between OTT and MTL.  Where do you think he raises his kids?

3 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Wow....I am shocked....

Dahlen, 19, was selected by the Senators in the second round of the 2016 Draft. He has 41 points in 43 games in the Swedish Elite League this season.  

It's the 2nd league.

it doesn't make it any less impressive that a 19 year old is one of the best players in a men's league. I'm quite astonished at the return. I was hoping for a 3rd tops. I love Dahlen

Another pro for this trade is we have begun shaking the bad reputation this team has had for years.

I love Burr, but he takes cheap shots and dumb penalties. Very good change for this franchise.

I wonder how Horvat and Baerstchi will respond without him.

No picks involved confirmed! 

Vancouver, B.C. - Vancouver Canucks General Manager Jim Benning announced today that the Canucks have acquired forward Jonathan Dahlen from the Ottawa Senators in exchange for Alex Burrows.

"Jonathan is a very skilled player with natural goal scoring instincts," said General Manager Jim Benning. "He's had a terrific season playing in Sweden and was a big part of Sweden's offence at the World Juniors. His offensive upside combined with his willingness to go to difficult areas of the ice will make him a valuable player for our organization moving forward."

"We would also like to thank Alex, Nancy and their three children for their incredible commitment to this team and community for over a decade," continued Benning. "Alex is a consummate professional and has been a leader for us throughout his career in Vancouver. We wish him and his family the very best."

Dahlen, 19, has registered 41 points (24-17-41) with Timra of Sweden-2 this season. The 5-11, 176-pound forward registered six points (5-1-6) in seven games for Sweden at the 2017 IIHF World Junior Championship. He also led Sweden in scoring at the 2016 Ivan Hlinka under-17 tournament with five points (4-1-5) in five games.

A native of Ostersund, Sweden, Dahlen was selected by Ottawa in the second round, 42nd overall, at the 2016 NHL Entry Draft.

5 minutes ago, Screw said:

LOL @ this Sens fan quote for HF Bords:

Originally Posted by bert View Post

Pierre Dorion has been fleeced in every trade he has made. He is a scum bag two faced snake and between him and Melnyk they are making it impossible to cheer for Ottawa.

ohhhhhhhh and I thought we had the worst GM in the league? In your face Benning Haters.

Archived