The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Alex Burrows to Senators for Jonathan Dahlen

What surprises me most on this trade is that we didn't have to retain any of Burrows salary to get a return this high. Was sure that we'd have to retain at least 50% to get a 2nd round pick.

So, with that return in mind, what's Hansen worth, 5 years younger, lower cap hit and under contract for another year?

Just now, brownky said:

If the Canucks send him to Bo's skating coach and he takes some of that in... Agility and a powerful start. Top end speed isn't the most critical thing, it's that 10-15 foot start and stop. Bure wasn't the *fastest* skater of the time, hell even Shawn Antoski was faster in 'the lap'. ... but nobody was even close to Bure's takeoff.

So if this kid can get a quicker jump and keep those quick cuts... he's got the hands already. Could be a hell of a player, even if he isn't huge.

He's got a fiestyness to him I love too. He just needs to improve his skating a bit which is prob why he fell to the second round.

10 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

This is a GM feeling the pressure to get his team into the playoffs and ignoring the future.

Burrows is still a pretty good player.  he just struggled from nagging injuries the past few seasons.  

we have seen this year he is doing well.  I hope he has a great end to his career in Ottawa.  he will fit in nicely and he a good emotional leader.

6 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

Keep believing Burrows is as good as he was in his prime this year!

We gotta to praise Burrows to make sure Sens fans here and else where are ok with the trade.

Don't trade a player away and tell everyone what a highway robbery you have just committed. It's bad for business.

I'm not too thrilled to see Burrows go but I'm excited to see what Dahlen can bring to this team for years to come. Never would I have thought that Burrows could get us a decent prospect, especially at his age and decline in play over the last few years.

I'm happy that his little resurgence this season warranted a trade to a team looking to make an impact in the playoffs. He deserves a chance at the cup regardless of which team he goes to.

Best of luck to Burrows and thank you for the many memories you have given us over the last decade.

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Ring of Honor?

His very next visit surely? :towel:

47 minutes ago, nazzymx said:

More notes on him:

Strengths

• Shot: especially heavy snapshot
  • Hockey IQ
  • Intelligence
  • Creativity
  • Consistency
  • Plays close to mistake-free
  • Work ethic
  • Agile skating ability

Under Construction (Improvements to Make)

• Strength, physical play
  • Continued improvements to his defensive side of the game

NHL Potential

• Top 6 Forward
  • His style is somewhat reminiscent of Jeff Skinner

Risk-Reward Analysis

Risk = 1.5/5   Reward = 4/5                     

Fantasy Hockey Potential

Offensive = 8/10   Defensive = 6.5/10

Awesome!  

Just yesterday was posting 2 our 3 Biggest needs up front were creativity & agility.  Third is bigger > Add Jake plus one more and we're on our way...

45 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Even if Dahlen is a complete bust. We finally got something for a pending UFA. Now I can focus my b!tching on other things. 

:lol:

Your a peach! 

41 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

Benning slayed the Trade deadline dragon!!!!!!:P

Nuf said!  

On to Miller is the second round?

2 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

What surprises me most on this trade is that we didn't have to retain any of Burrows salary to get a return this high. Was sure that we'd have to retain at least 50% to get a 2nd round pick.

So, with that return in mind, what's Hansen worth, 5 years younger, lower cap hit and under contract for another year?

McDavid or we walk...

5 minutes ago, chickenman92 said:

Or a GM who sees Dahlen as a centre and believes he has two centres in White and Brown playing in front of him. 

I'm sure the Sens debated the move, but in the end, even though they liked the prospect, figured they be okay moving him.

White and Brown are hardly locks to be top 6 forwards at this point. You can never have too many centers in the system.

I think this is just a case of a desperate GM looking to make a move.

5 minutes ago, Mattrek said:

Benning haters are curled up in a corner. Are you freaking kidding me? We got Dahlen for Burrows? Benning your trade genius continues, this is absolute larceny. I still can't believe it. Somebody pinch me.

Out of +1's but yeah boy!

2 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

We are getting a 1st for him. Make no mistakes.

Archived