The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonathan Dahlén | C/LW

Mathew Barzal

On 12/4/2019 at 8:07 AM, Timråfan said:

I really hope Utica doesn't have a Babcock running the show. If so you got the answer about Dahlen, Palmu... 

I would be shocked to see Babcock even coaching again. Hockey is evolving and even the coaches are being swept up with the changes that are happening. I think that if anyone in the Canucks organization is on thin ice it would have to be Trent Cull. He was not their 1st or 2nd choice for the job but the others were snapped up right away by other teams. Not sure who they could find to replace him as his support staff is suspect as well.

I do think that Jonathan Dahlen came to Utica with a sense of entitlement because of his previous year in Sweden. I also believe he will make it back to the NHL in the next few years once he has matured a bit. He has the skills to play the game but has to have his head on straight in order to succeed in the NHL.

Edited by Kootenay Gold

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, ForzaTikare said:

29 games into The season for Timrå and Dahlen is on The top of both points and goals.. 

17G (4GWG) 25A 42TP makes 1.45PPG

Playing in the equivalent of the ECHL.  Let's see what he can do in the SHL or AHL before getting too excited.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, suitup said:

Not satisfied with playing time in the AHL and went back to Sweden just to play in the SHL? I guess this kid really knows what's best for his career.

Not the SHL but the league below there. Like the poster above said, the equivalent of the ECHL.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Just now, ForzaTikare said:

So Dahlen is currently The top scorer in The League after 4G2A tonight in Timrås 11-1 win over Almtuna.

33G40A 73TP with 3 games to go before playoffs 

League best ever is 77TP during regular season 

Glad he’s happy playing in one of the softest, lower level leagues there is.  He will never be an NHL player.  No character toughness.  

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This year allsvenskan has been crowded by loans from the NHL/AHL. Dahlén outshining them all and leading the scoring with loads of matches missed because of playing with the national team (made up of SHL players and him) and also missing some due to flu-symptoms. 

28 points in 13 games (ahead of players like Marcus Sörensen of the San Jose Sharks 24TP in 14 GP)

1 hour ago, ForzaTikare said:

This year allsvenskan has been crowded by loans from the NHL/AHL. Dahlén outshining them all and leading the scoring with loads of matches missed because of playing with the national team (made up of SHL players and him) and also missing some due to flu-symptoms. 

28 points in 13 games (ahead of players like Marcus Sörensen of the San Jose Sharks 24TP in 14 GP)

It'd be interesting to see if he could keep it up in the SHL.

2 minutes ago, ForzaTikare said:

He did pretty well on a bad National Team and got praise from the coach. A crossbar from scoring one of few goals sweden scored in that tournament

Seems like he's super loyal to Timra, even if it hurts his career. Based on his play this year and last year, it's very likely he's good enough for SHL hockey, but he seems driven to try to bring Timra back up to the SHL rather than sign with an SHL team.

He's really not that old. If he went to the SHL and performed well, I could see NHL teams lining up to give him a contract. However, if he doesn't get SHL time in until his late 20s, it won't happen.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not staying with Timra for the SHL after their promotion it seems, instead giving it another go on a one way deal with San Jose.

Don't think it's confirmed but there was a newspaper article in Sweden stating he would opt for SJ if they offered a one way deal and that he'd informed Timra he was leaving.

https://www.expressen.se/sport/hockey/shl/dahlen-har-bestamt--sig-om-sin-framtid/

• 4 months later...