The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonathan Dahlén | C/LW

Mathew Barzal

On 11/26/2018 at 1:29 PM, ForzaTikare said:

Imagine Boeser-EP-Boucher first line for the Calder playoffs ::D

On 11/26/2018 at 2:55 PM, Boudrias said:

Remember the lockout year when the Oilers sent all their young prospects to San Antonio I believe. A different scenario as that was their season and a better deal than seeing them scatter thru Euroland. Agree that no way Ep40 and Boeser play AHL playoffs. Gaudette, yes. 

On 11/26/2018 at 7:25 PM, Horvat is a Boss said:

Dahlen - Pettersson - Boeser

Gaunce - Gaudette - Boucher

Haha

Yes, fun to think about, but GMs never (apart from a lockout year) send young, waiver-exempt NHL stars to play in the AHL playoffs or to make a late-season run to the playoffs. Some of those young guys might want to play, but most would not, and the GMs seem to have a "gentlemans' agreement" not to do it. It kind of defeats to purpose of the AHL, which is help guys who are not yet solid NHL players play against each other to develop their game.  It is also not good for the morale of guys on the AHL team -- not a good way to build organizational chemistry.

I also would not expect to see Hughes join Utica this season. 

Right now, it looks like both the Canucks and the Comets will have disappointing seasons, although the Comets could still make a playoff run if the Canucks and Comets can get past the injury bug for once.

56 minutes ago, nzan said:

It’s a mat, with different conclusions on it that you can jump to!

Tom - "You see, I'd be this mat that you would put on the floor, and it would have different........ conclusions written on it......... that you could jump to!!!" 

Michael Bolton - "That is the worst idea I've ever heard in my life Tom!"

image.png.ad8d5f0dc175e0d22fc3d192591c32cf.png

:lol::lol::lol:

Edited by kirk mcleans baby
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

You worry too much. Dahlen will be just fine. It may take him all of this year and part of next to get to where he needs to be but he is progressing and that is the main thing.

I think it’ll take an off season of serious training to make him nhl ready.  That would probably be appropriate for all our prospects.  Apparently Hughes and Rathbone are already in that mode.

9 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

20 games into his AHL career.  He can become that or he can become a decent top 6 foward like Grabner or Raymond.

That’s a nice low-end forecast in my opinion, and he could easily shatter that forecast in the mold of a Filip Forsberg

17 hours ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

I'm a little worried that Dahlén might be Anton Rodin 2.0 minus the injuries.

I'm worried that if I walk out of my house a tree might land on top of me. I'm worried if I invest stocks I'll lose all my money. I'm worried that if I stay in my house an earthquake will make it fall on top of me. I'm worried if....

Are you my mom who tries to convince me not to move anywhere because of all the "bad things" that could happen?

Perhaps we should just not have prospects. It would be too worrisome that they wouldn't make it....

Edited by The Lock
  • Like 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, vannuck59 said:

Like I said before have him up for a couple games see where he's at then send him back down. Give him a carrot you would be surprised  how this could change him.

The same with MacEwen 

Like it worked for Gaunce or Archibald?

I think it only works for those skilled enough and still learning. Otherwise it doesn't do anything imo.

11 hours ago, vannuck59 said:

Like I said before have him up for a couple games see where he's at then send him back down. Give him a carrot you would be surprised  how this could change him.

The same with MacEwen 

Management has come out numerous times stating that they finally have depth to let kids develop properly without unnecessary interruptions. They want kids to get to a point that when they get called up, they don't go back down. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 12/3/2018 at 7:12 AM, vannuck59 said:

The same with MacEwen 

He's been very inconsistent, let him develop for a bit longer. He needs more time.