The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonathan Dahlén | C/LW

Mathew Barzal

2 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Sounds like another year in Sweden and then the AHL. It's better to not rush skilled guys. 

Another season would do him good. Imports from Sweden tends to do better after getting a taste of the SHL which he hopefully will have next year. 

Don't want another Rodin situation on our hand. :( 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

His father played 1000 nhl games 

He was in on 13 strait goals this year and almost a point a game in the swedish league (one league lower then the elite league)  

Hes from the same hometown as edler 

He is reported to have a great character.

Almost a point a game at the wjc (5 goals one assist)  

He s only 19

Bad side.....hes small. 511 175 

Good trade at this point. 

i wouldnt say 5'11 175 is small  5'6 160 pounds yes  plus hes 19 i grew 2 inches after i was 19  if he eats a good amount of steak potatoes works out hard hecan put on some muscle  

10 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Sounds like another year in Sweden and then the AHL. It's better to not rush skilled guys. 

Fillip Forsberg went to the AHL in his draft +2 after putting similar numbers to Dahlen. Although Forsberg had more size to make that transition easier. I guess the question is whether transitioning to the AHL is easier now for smaller guys compared to when Rodin tried to enter.

Sidenote: if we was 2 weeks younger he would be eligible for the World Juniors again. 

Edited by HomeBrew
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Nice Finnish said:

Top 15 this year, top 20.

Wow his stock must've really inflated up. I must confess I have only seen streamed games of Dahlen plus highlights last year. He must've improved a lot huh? I remember being most concerned about whether his elusivity and core strength will translate. I'm guessing that has improved? Can you tell me more about it?

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, HomeBrew said:

So we got a second round prospect in a better year for Burrows... this is a huge win for us!

When will he transition to North America?

Considering how deep last years draft was, this is pretty awesome.

Sounds like he could project out as a future #1 or #2 center in the league.

Looking forward to seeing him in camp next year!

4 minutes ago, logic said:

Thoughts on the deal?

Brutal deal for Ottawaz

6 minutes ago, Emmetts said:

Yes because playing middle is = to experience covering point and board play. 

Thanks for your useless comment. 

Whoa Napoleon, relax. 

Every centre, especially the ones who are early in their developmental stage can easily convert to the wing. We aren't talking about a Goalie switching to LW here.

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

His father played 1000 nhl games 

He was in on 13 strait goals this year and almost a point a game in the swedish league (one league lower then the elite league)  

Hes from the same hometown as edler 

He is reported to have a great character.

Almost a point a game at the wjc (5 goals one assist)  

He s only 19

Bad side.....hes small. 511 175 

Good trade at this point. 

If skating and a few pounds is the hurdle to get him through the AHL and up here, thats great imo. Easy things to overcome. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, diesel_3 said:

If that's what Burrows can fetch, I'm feeling pretty good about Hansen's return if JB is able to deal him.

Remember watching Jonathan Dahlen at the WJC after they mentoned he was Ulf's son, He was impressive!

Ya i wasnt expecting much for burrows. This was a pretty good risk imo. We shall see. May not work out , but either way i applaud jim for getting a kid with this skill set for burrows.