The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonathan Dahlén | C/LW

Mathew Barzal

10 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Rodin didn't even come close to Dahlen's numbers at the same age in the same league, so I'm loving the upside. I don't know if he's ready for Uitca next season or if thats rushing it but if he does will moving up the the SEL next year and then Utica in 2 seasons thats OK too. The timing is really good for the rebuild. 

Love that the kid despite being 5'11'' and 180lbs, he plays in the high traffic areas.

Look at his highlights, he isn't scoring just from the perimeter and off the rush, but a lot of his goals/plays are down right beside the goal line and in front of the net.  Shows the kids fearlessness despite his size.  He isn't getting manhandled either, looks like he has a strong lower body.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, suitup said:

Wow his stock must've really inflated up. I must confess I have only seen streamed games of Dahlen plus highlights last year. He must've improved a lot huh? I remember being most concerned about whether his elusivity and core strength will translate. I'm guessing that has improved? Can you tell me more about it?

Much shallow draft year now. He is strong for size and loves scoring. He played C 2 games and wing. Better wing, good "finnish"

Little bit offensive cheat but not Ovechkin levels.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Emmetts said:

Center eh. Hoping for a winger for horvat but i guess another center works. 

Um - Top 6 centers and potential Top 6 centers don't become available to often - Much harder to obtain. Good job Benning.

Edited by sedinery55
  • Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Brutal deal for Ottawaz

Whoa Napoleon, relax. 

Every centre, especially the ones who are early in their developmental stage can easily convert to the wing. We aren't talking about a Goalie switching to LW here.

Really interested to know if Burrows new contract is an "extension" or new contract.  If its an extension and he has a NTC he must be protected.

I'm ecstatic to having this kid over here in our organization. he has tons of promise and potential. he is much better than Nylander and I am going to guarantee you he is. Nylander is buried in Leafs bottom 6 while we have this kid who will go head to head against Nylander one day in the near future. Dahlen has the potential to be the heir to the Sedins while playing a smart, 2 way game and having that goal scoring ability. he also looks like a solid passer also which rounds out his overall game and is responsible defensively. can't wait to watch this kid develop next season in Utica. absolutely elated

6 minutes ago, Nooks said:

Really interested to know if Burrows new contract is an "extension" or new contract.  If its an extension and he has a NTC he must be protected.

The deal he got is equally as shocking as the return.