Canucks Community

Nikolay Goldobin | LW/RW

Scorevat

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Goldy with the hat trick. 

Leading the team in points.

Wonder if his stock is going up? 

No. Apparently teams know he can't play defence. He needs to play with the puck else hes ineffective. (thats what they say). He may head to Russia after this season? 

Edited by DontMessMe

I have a tough time seeing where Goldie would fit on this team.  He needs to be a top 3 LW to have any kind of success (some might say a top 2 LW).  He either gets traded by the deadline or stays in Utica for this season and heads back to Russia in the off season.

54 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

How was he today?

I was listening to the 1st period on the radio and the guys on 650 were praising him for most of the period, saying he’s been good defensively.

Came back at the start of the 2nd. Don’t even think he hit the ice during the 2nd or 3rd.

34 minutes ago, J-23 said:

I was listening to the 1st period on the radio and the guys on 650 were praising him for most of the period, saying he’s been good defensively.

Came back at the start of the 2nd. Don’t even think he hit the ice during the 2nd or 3rd.

Pretty much sums it up.

Canucks were God awful in the first period, has like 2 shots for almost the entire period... Goldobin got a few shifts with Petey, made a couple decent defensive plays (broke up one long possession cycle against us in particular) and then got moved onto another line and pretty much stapled to the bench after that.