The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikolay Goldobin | LW/RW

Scorevat

59 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Interesting... That means they plan to qualify everyone else then..?

(Ie: Virtanen, Stecher)

Rick Dhaliwal clarified that this was pertaining to RFA's who were playing for Utica. (i.e Chatfield, Brisebois, Bailey, and maybe Perron?)

As JB said, they are still figuring out a few more RFA's and will tender QO's in the next few days.  Motte, Gaudette, and MacEwen were tended QO's according to Rick.  Likely means they are still trying to decide on Stech and Virt.

• Thanks 1

On 10/5/2020 at 3:15 PM, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Rick Dhaliwal clarified that this was pertaining to RFA's who were playing for Utica. (i.e Chatfield, Brisebois, Bailey, and maybe Perron?)

As JB said, they are still figuring out a few more RFA's and will tender QO's in the next few days.  Motte, Gaudette, and MacEwen were tended QO's according to Rick.  Likely means they are still trying to decide on Stech and Virt.

Virtanen has been tendered a QO

Macewan has been signed

That leaves Motte, Gaudette and Stecher to be tendered contracts

• 11 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 8 months later...
43 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

He's extremely skilled, but unless he's improved his work ethic, I don't believe he can make it in the NHL.

Yep, very offensively gifted. However, not at McDavid levels and he was unwilling to put in the work to improve his defensive game. 

It's definitely a bit disingenuous though to say no NHL team took a chance on him considering he played over 100 games for the Canucks. 

• Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

6 hours ago, -AJ- said:

He's extremely skilled, but unless he's improved his work ethic, I don't believe he can make it in the NHL.

I don't think his work ethic was poor. He hit the gym hard and worked in the offseason. He just wanted to play loosey goosey and gave our coaches fits. he wasn't lazy though. 

Just now, hammertime said:

I don't think his work ethic was poor. He hit the gym hard and worked in the offseason. He just wanted to play loosey goosey and gave our coaches fits. he wasn't lazy though. 

I'd tend to disagree. I recall Archibald famously telling him "work, work, work!" on the bench during one game. Probably too much to glean from one comment though. Either way, lazy or unwilling to do the details required--both will keep you out of the NHL.

1 minute ago, -AJ- said:

I'd tend to disagree. I recall Archibald famously telling him "work, work, work!" on the bench during one game. Probably too much to glean from one comment though. Either way, lazy or unwilling to do the details required--both will keep you out of the NHL.

seems to be fine for Kuzz