The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikolay Goldobin | LW/RW

Scorevat

10 hours ago, Alflives said:

Goldy should be in this line-up, and developing his NHL game.  He's a proven star in the AHL.  I don't see Gagner as an abrasive player.  His signing was a mistake.  

I like what I’m seeing from Gagner of late he brings speed and skill his game is just rounding out we haven’t seen the best yet.

Hope he gets good ice time when he slots in. I’m guessing it’ll either be:

vanek - gagner - goldobin

or

Sedin - Sedin - goldobin (eriksson would play on the Vanek/gagner lone in this scenario)

I honestly think goldobin could step in and be a 40 - 50 point player if givin the opportunity

Happy to see Goldobin be recalled.

I don't think we need to compare Goldobin with Gagner/Burmv.

There are different style players.

Goldobin is one of our future players in the rebuilding structure.

Gagner and Brumv look liked the bridge of the structure.

I guess that there might be a trade, or a long term injury now.

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Green said yesterday that Goldy was called up so they could get a look at him during the next few practices. Didn’t sound like he had any intention of getting Goldobin into any games unless there are further injuries. And that he’ll likely be returned to Utica fairly soon.

its a nice call up anyway. Decent little salary bump, and gets a chance to prove himself in practice. I think we're really fortunate that Igor Larionov is his agent too, he seems to be giving him the advice Tryamkin should have got. 

53 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

its a nice call up anyway. Decent little salary bump, and gets a chance to prove himself in practice. I think we're really fortunate that Igor Larionov is his agent too, he seems to be giving him the advice Tryamkin should have got. 

Definitely. As much as every player wants to play, it’s still a nice reward for Goldy to spend some days around the big team, hang with the guys, watch some games, get in some practice and coaching from the NHL staff, and then head back to Utica with some extra bucks.

• Upvote 1

"He's been great. Wasn't a great training camp for him. I was really impressed with the way he came down to Utica, with the way he listened to the constructive criticisms on his compete to the puck." - Ryan Johnson on Goldobin

"He's paid attention to the details. He's played the penalty kill and he's thrived on it. He's been outstanding offensively for us. If he gets an opportunity to get in I hope he shows well. I'm happy he's got the opportunity because he's earned it." - Johnson on Goldobin

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Silky mitts said:

He just started following the khl on instagram....:unsure:

If that's what it takes to join the KHL I have to start following them ASAP. I can't skate but I'll play like P.K Subban in the 2014 Olympics.

Edited by hyper00
Finger slipped