The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

#JordanSubbansLifeMatters

Horvats_Big_Head

I seriously do not understand what Canucks management is doing to Jordan Subban.

Sure, I understand that he is not NHL ready. But he has been called up twice now with no ice time with the big club. According to those who watch Utica regularly, he is outstanding offensively, so he could spark the powerplay as a possibility. Our powerplay has been dismal, and it would be interesting to see what he could do instead of Larsen. These Utica fans also say he is deficient in his own end, but I think we should give him at least one chance before sending him down. There seems to be some sort of rift between either Subban and Benning, Subban and some of the coaches, or both. 

Nobody can deny that racism could play a part in all of this. Racism has become institutionalized in North America, and hockey has a long way to go when it comes to removing racism from the game. Traditionally, hockey has become a very white sport with most blacks choosing a more affordable sport such as basketball or football, but that is besides the point. My point is, it is possible there is some underlying racism within the Canucks/Comets organizations, and this has resulted in Jordan being treated unfairly (Not even being given 1 game). Does he need to learn how to play the game the "white way" as Darren Pang suggested PK do? Nobody thought Darren Pang could be a racist until that day, its completely possible that people within the Canucks brass are. Perhaps WD has similar biases to Jordan's "playing style". 

Vancouver itself is a pretty racist city. Its ironic because it is chock full of "white liberals" who preach equality but never hangout with many minorities, and have probably never met a black person. Added to the fact that there is a super small black population in Vancouver, and you have to wonder if Jordan Subban will be able to fit in here. I really feel for the guy. Lets not forget the way some fans talked about Anson Carter when he was here, and subsequently left. I went to a few games that season and I heard racist slurs being shouted at him when he turned the puck over or made a bad play. The racist talk I heard only got worse once he decided to not re-sign with us. Absolutely despicable some of the people in this town are. If Jordan faced similar adversity, being a millenial, he might crack under the pressure. It could ruin his career, or worse, his life.

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

"I understand he's not NHL ready"

So why are you whining about him not playing in the NHL? 

I think he deserves at least a game to show what he can do. The season is lost. 

2 minutes ago, Jam126 said:

Do you have any idea what you're even saying? Do you have any knowledge of the topic you're talking about?

Yes. Do you have any knowledge of the topic I presented?

I don't know about racism but I totally agree subban needs a chance and subban will bring the spark this team needs. Our powerplay is honestly so difficult to watch. They are 90 percent of the time struggling to get setup om the pp before relaizing its over simply disastrous. He is nhl ready without a doubt haters are gonna keep hating but will jump on that subban bandwagon as soon as he puts the puck into the back of the net.

2 minutes ago, MrCanuck94 said:

Lmao you must've never left Vancouver/Surrey if you think this is a racist city hahaha

There's not much to it, he's not ready

And if there were racist people in our management, I'd doubt we'd draft and sign the kid

The Gillis regime drafted/signed him. Not the current one. 

1 hour ago, Horvats_Big_Head said:

Nobody can deny that racism could play a part in all of this.

What a crock. Players are frequently called up from the AHL without playing. When you have injured/sick regulars somebody typically steps out of the pressbox and a call-up sits in the pressbox as a backup for the next possible injury.

Btw, I read that Vancouver has the highest percentage of interracial marriages per capita in Canada. Pretty racist city indeed. There's racism and ignorance everywhere, but Vancouver certainly isn't known for it. I'd even go as far as saying Vancouver has more of a rep for being a very tolerant city when it comes to race and sexual orientation.

2 hours ago, Horvats_Big_Head said:

I seriously do not understand what Canucks management is doing to Jordan Subban.

Sure, I understand that he is not NHL ready. But he has been called up twice now with no ice time with the big club. According to those who watch Utica regularly, he is outstanding offensively, so he could spark the powerplay as a possibility. Our powerplay has been dismal, and it would be interesting to see what he could do instead of Larsen. These Utica fans also say he is deficient in his own end, but I think we should give him at least one chance before sending him down. There seems to be some sort of rift between either Subban and Benning, Subban and some of the coaches, or both. 

Nobody can deny that racism could play a part in all of this. Racism has become institutionalized in North America, and hockey has a long way to go when it comes to removing racism from the game. Traditionally, hockey has become a very white sport with most blacks choosing a more affordable sport such as basketball or football, but that is besides the point. My point is, it is possible there is some underlying racism within the Canucks/Comets organizations, and this has resulted in Jordan being treated unfairly (Not even being given 1 game). Does he need to learn how to play the game the "white way" as Darren Pang suggested PK do? Nobody thought Darren Pang could be a racist until that day, its completely possible that people within the Canucks brass are. Perhaps WD has similar biases to Jordan's "playing style". 

Vancouver itself is a pretty racist city. Its ironic because it is chock full of "white liberals" who preach equality but never hangout with many minorities, and have probably never met a black person. Added to the fact that there is a super small black population in Vancouver, and you have to wonder if Jordan Subban will be able to fit in here. I really feel for the guy. Lets not forget the way some fans talked about Anson Carter when he was here, and subsequently left. I went to a few games that season and I heard racist slurs being shouted at him when he turned the puck over or made a bad play. The racist talk I heard only got worse once he decided to not re-sign with us. Absolutely despicable some of the people in this town are. If Jordan faced similar adversity, being a millenial, he might crack under the pressure. It could ruin his career, or worse, his life.

OH MY :picard:....

locked_door.thumb.jpg.0b3b01b6d0ccfe7c2437e51119247b7b.jpg

Archived