The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Did Benning/Canucks win trade deadline day?

Glory_Days

Did Canucks & Benning win trade deadline?  

276 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

It's evident that you have never in your life negotiated anything in a free market. Thanks for sharing your delusions with us.

You are kidding, right. The sarcasm button didn't register I suppose.

I 'm actually a pretty decent capitalist. 

On 01/03/2017 at 0:55 PM, Rocksterh8 said:

I feel so much better knowing he's taking the club in the right direction now. He did very, very well at this TDL  

Good Job Jimmy!

I find it amusing how the insecure needed his deadline to see the bigger picture.  In reality, this  us getting closer to the end of the rebuild than the beginning.

On 02/03/2017 at 8:30 AM, 189lb enforcers? said:

You can say that, and I get it, but speculation is not enough for me.

As a fan of the team, it was important to me to see the GM signal that the refool was over and that things were going to get uncomfortable for some of the vets.

I was hoping that he was going to move a D at the deadline and maybe surprise us with another support player being traded out. 

I can wait until the season is over for the next trades to happen. For now, I am content with the direction, whereas before, there wasn't one I could identify with. 

Case in point

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

I find it amusing how the insecure needed his deadline to see the bigger picture.  In reality, this  us getting closer to the end of the rebuild than the beginning.

I guess we are getting closer to the end of the rebuild is accurate.  It's when it started is the question, isn't it?  I, like many, believe the rebuild started at this TDL moving Hansen and Burrows.  If we used a scale of 1 to 100, with 1 being the start and 100 being the end, then we are now at 3, so (yes) we are now closer to the end than before this TDL.  Do we agree then?

27 minutes ago, stawns said:

I find it amusing how the insecure need to put others down to make themselves's feel better. I hope the administrators see how you treat others on here and block you and your $&!# from this site. If they are doing their job, they should see you for what you are.

13 minutes ago, Rocksterh8 said:

I find it amusing how the insecure need to put others down to make themselves's feel better. I hope the administrators see how you treat others on here and block you and your $&!# from this site. If they are doing their job, they should see you for what you are.

Don't be so sensitive, you've been talking crap about players and management on here forever.  Now you're mad because JB's plan is beating fruit.  Don't worry, there's still dark days ahead and whipping bo......I mean players for you to target.  Its going to be a lean couple of years, you'll still have some fodder.

The yin an yan of TD,

buyers : Capitals ?

sellers : is the fans an canucks

The next best thing I am hoping for is ,Willie to slot Markstrom when he is injury free ,to a 2-1 or 3-1 games schedule to truly evaluate an try lift his game to the next level. This would give a whole lot more comfort . Right now it is really not very clear if he can take on the reins.

Miller should be exposed at ED An signed for another two years if not plucked by Vegas.

If Miller is signed earlier than ED then it would seem Markstrom will be exposed? One or the other.

Bishop will come on market in July as UFA so there remains strategic options on going forward  here. Hopefully it can be another win win with player personal.

Ever since Benning took over, he's been working around the old core NTCs. He's been maneuvering around those contracts the entire time. 

The rebuild was in motion when he dealt Kesler and got Garrison and Bieksa to waive. On some level, all of the NTCs have been markers or roadposts to work with and around. Hansen and Burrows were just two more NTC roadposts that had to be knocked off. 

Signing Miller, dealing Lack, and choosing Markstrom allowed him to focus on the non NTC roster spots from the net out. From there he's revamped our D, restocked our prospects, made moves to solidify forward depth, with an eye on future youth and need for scoring.

With Hansen and Burrows gone, we have Dahlen and Goldobin. There's future goal production to add to Bo, Boeser, hopefully Virtanen, and the likes of promising young guys like Gaudette, Lockwood, and this year's likely Top 5 again. Those along with new D-men like Stetcher, Tryamkin, Hutton, and eventually Juolevi and possibly Subban. 

And we also have Demko. Also, there's a decent chance a couple of our current former picks will surprise and emerge from the shadows.

Obviously we're far from contending, this rebuild isn't complete, but you can already see the future of this team. No one could see any of this when Benning first took over. 

Hansen and Burrows were just the next stage of this. That leaves the Sedins and Edler. And what Benning does to fill these holes will define his time here as GM. But you can see how this playing out. I'm truly excited to see what he does to fill those voids.

Looking back on the first year of JB, I now see him keeping the team intact and tweaking partly to burn off an ntc year on so many contracts. He's done a lot in a short amount of time after that first year.

The media is now saying it's the start of the rebuild. That's an illusion. How this is actually working is that the team is being rebuilt (and has been) but we're about to enter a period of years where our young guys go from 18-21 to 25-27.

During those years, it's going to appear as though the rebuild was accelerated when it's simply what we've been waiting for, our young guys to get better and mature.

Timing was everything this past TDL.

2 hours ago, Rocksterh8 said:

That's pretty unlikely. Considering that after an endless amount of your trolling posts, you are still here. By the way, is there any member of the Canucks organization who you don't hate?

2 hours ago, stawns said:

Don't be so sensitive, you've been talking crap about players and management on here forever.  Now you're mad because JB's plan is beating fruit.  Don't worry, there's still dark days ahead and whipping bo......I mean players for you to target.  Its going to be a lean couple of years, you'll still have some fodder.

When I see they are doing the right things to improve the team I applaud them for it. Like I just did, but you have to put me down by saying I'm insecure for no reason other than to make you feel better like the bully you are. There are ways of having a conversation without putting other's on here down all the time. I don't have to thing like the same things you do on how the Canucks operate and have the right to speak my opinion without being bullied by someone like you. 

You should be reprimanded on here and if you don't learn how not to put others down, then banned. 

38 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

That's pretty unlikely. Considering that after an endless amount of your trolling posts, you are still here. By the way, is there any member of the Canucks organization who you don't hate?

I don't troll at all. I speak my opinion, and I'll bet I was a fan before you were born. Try speaking on something you know about for a change.

24 minutes ago, Rocksterh8 said:

I don't troll at all. I speak my opinion, and I'll bet I was a fan before you were born. Try speaking on something you know about for a change.

You would certainly lose that bet. Like most of your "opinions", that was based on nothing but ignorance and malice. I notice that you didn't answer my question. If you aren't a troll, I guess that means you really do hate every member of the Canucks organization, from the owner down to the prospects. Quite a "fan".

On 01/03/2017 at 0:33 PM, Glory_Days said:

I'm shocked at the value we got for Hansen/Burrows compared to what other players were getting. Goldobin, Dahlen and a 4th that could turn into a 1st.

Only other player that got really good value was Hanzal.

JB knows how to do his job :shock:...

16 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

No, I missed it. Sometimes you need to press the sarcasm button more firmly. Lol.

It's all good. I am very happy with Benning's work this Tdl.

Now if Willie would just audition the younger players over the next 20 games.... 

I don't get why Loui is playing 20 minutes while Reid Boucher is stapled to the bench

Archived