Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Yes, another proposed Lineup. What do you think?


darkpoet

Recommended Posts

I was looking at how things might shape up for next season. And some things really jumped out at me. I'm a big proponent of pairing up RH/shots with LH/shots as it just adds a whole lot of balance to a lineup as you don't have guys fiddling with pucks when they get passes on their off-side.
Although on a power play that can be advantageous, generally speaking I think it's best 5 on 5 of you have a good mix of this as it's easier to produce offence.
So this is what I was looking at for next year. Hypothetically of course since a dumb schmuck like me doesn't have any say in the matter. :P


Baer, Bo, Boeser ( Killer Bee Line ? )

Goldobin, Granlund, Virtanen
     
Daniel, Henrik, Eriksson

Gaunce/Sutter, Grenier

_______

Edler, Stecher

Tryamkin, Tanev

Hutton, Gudbranson

________

Now hear my reasoning before you chew me out ::D

Forwards:

Those top two lines each have a Right Wing/ Right shot and a Left Wing/Left shot paired up with capable Centerman.
They've got lots of skill and both guys in the middle are defensively responsible.

The Sedins need to take a step back and let the new core find it's way here now. (I'm talking to you too, Willie) 
And putting them on the 3rd line with Eriksson, well, that's still one helluva 3rd line and should be capable of putting up their fair share of points against lesser opposition / easier matchups.

Now look at that 4th line and tell me it's not %$# badass.
Gaunce and Sutter can both play Wing/Center, and you've got another Right wing/ Right shot in Grenier, not to mention his size and jam.

Defence:

This is totally balanced top to bottom in my opinion.

Edler, Stecher  
Right Wing/R shot and a Left Wing/ L shot.
Edler = stay at home Smasher. Stecher = Rusher.

Tryamkin, Tanev
Right Wing/R shot, and Left Wing/L shot.
Tryamkin = Rusher and Smasher. Tanev = Defensive stalwart

Hutton, Gudbranson
Right Wing/R shot. Left Wing/L shot.
Hutton = Rusher. Gudbranson = Smasher.

_________________________________________________


The only question mark to me is Virtanen, but looking at that lineup. What do you guys think? There are some drastic measures taken there, obliviously, but this team needs it, and it's time for Bo to be unchained.
Aside from that I think that's a pretty balanced lineup. We'll see what happens with the goaltending situation. I think they should bring Miller back but not long term. Maybe 2 years and le$$. That gives Demko time to get it together in Utica and then we can transition our tandem after Miller retires or moves on. 

Ladies and Gentleman, your 2017/2018 Vancouver Canucks? :towel:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Look guys, I love Boeser as much as anyone else, but it's crazy, CRAZY, to think he's gonna come into the lineup next year as a top line forward and produce like one (you're literally asking a rookie to produce like 70-80 points...)

 

Seriously. That's a HUGE stretch. In fact, depending on how he shows up at camp, I wouldn't be shocked if he started the year in Utica.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Senpai said:

Look guys, I love Boeser as much as anyone else, but it's crazy, CRAZY, to think he's gonna come into the lineup next year as a top line forward and produce like one (you're literally asking a rookie to produce like 70-80 points...)

 

Seriously. That's a HUGE stretch. In fact, depending on how he shows up at camp, I wouldn't be shocked if he started the year in Utica.

+

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, darkpoet said:

I was looking at how things might shape up for next season. And some things really jumped out at me. I'm a big proponent of pairing up RH/shots with LH/shots as it just adds a whole lot of balance to a lineup as you don't have guys fiddling with pucks when they get passes on their off-side.
Although on a power play that can be advantageous, generally speaking I think it's best 5 on 5 of you have a good mix of this as it's easier to produce offence.
So this is what I was looking at for next year. Hypothetically of course since a dumb schmuck like me doesn't have any say in the matter. :P


Baer, Bo, Boeser ( Killer Bee Line ? )

Goldobin, Granlund, Virtanen
     
Daniel, Henrik, Eriksson

Gaunce/Sutter, Grenier

_______

Edler, Stecher

Tryamkin, Tanev

Hutton, Gudbranson

________

Now hear my reasoning before you chew me out ::D

Forwards:

Those top two lines each have a Right Wing/ Right shot and a Left Wing/Left shot paired up with capable Centerman.
They've got lots of skill and both guys in the middle are defensively responsible.

The Sedins need to take a step back and let the new core find it's way here now. (I'm talking to you too, Willie) 
And putting them on the 3rd line with Eriksson, well, that's still one helluva 3rd line and should be capable of putting up their fair share of points against lesser opposition / easier matchups.

Now look at that 4th line and tell me it's not %$# badass.
Gaunce and Sutter can both play Wing/Center, and you've got another Right wing/ Right shot in Grenier, not to mention his size and jam.

Defence:

This is totally balanced top to bottom in my opinion.

Edler, Stecher  
Right Wing/R shot and a Left Wing/ L shot.
Edler = stay at home Smasher. Stecher = Rusher.

Tryamkin, Tanev
Right Wing/R shot, and Left Wing/L shot.
Tryamkin = Rusher and Smasher. Tanev = Defensive stalwart

Hutton, Gudbranson
Right Wing/R shot. Left Wing/L shot.
Hutton = Rusher. Gudbranson = Smasher.

_________________________________________________


The only question mark to me is Virtanen, but looking at that lineup. What do you guys think? There are some drastic measures taken there, obliviously, but this team needs it, and it's time for Bo to be unchained.
Aside from that I think that's a pretty balanced lineup. We'll see what happens with the goaltending situation. I think they should bring Miller back but not long term. Maybe 2 years and le$$. That gives Demko time to get it together in Utica and then we can transition our tandem after Miller retires or moves on. 

Ladies and Gentleman, your 2017/2018 Vancouver Canucks? :towel:

Nice.

 

But think I'm shipping your Granny(#2 C? hmmm..) + Tan-man to BUFF, for a Rhino.

 

Rhino as #2 C.

 

Sbisa LH-D with Tryamkin #2 RH-D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Nice.

 

But think I'm shipping your Granny(#2 C? hmmm..) + Tan-man to BUFF, for a Rhino.

 

Rhino as #2 C.

 

Sbisa LH-D with Tryamkin #2 RH-D

Yeah were not getting reinhart lol , Tanev doesn't fit buffalos needs he's more valuable  to playoff teams 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Senpai said:

Look guys, I love Boeser as much as anyone else, but it's crazy, CRAZY, to think he's gonna come into the lineup next year as a top line forward and produce like one (you're literally asking a rookie to produce like 70-80 points...)

 

Seriously. That's a HUGE stretch. In fact, depending on how he shows up at camp, I wouldn't be shocked if he started the year in Utica.

Agree there will be a free agent signing for sure to fill the time gap.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Senpai said:

Look guys, I love Boeser as much as anyone else, but it's crazy, CRAZY, to think he's gonna come into the lineup next year as a top line forward and produce like one (you're literally asking a rookie to produce like 70-80 points...)

 

Seriously. That's a HUGE stretch. In fact, depending on how he shows up at camp, I wouldn't be shocked if he started the year in Utica.


I hear you. It might look preposterous but it wouldn't be the first time a star from the NCAA stepped right into the NHL

Toews had 54 points in 64 games his first year in Chicago after 2 years in the NCAA. 

Eaves finished then spent a few weeks in the A before being called up by Ottawa and put up 30 points in 50 games for the Senators.

Kreider finished and went straight onto the Rangers and put up 45 points.

Shattenkirk finished than played a couple weeks in the A before putting up 45 points (as a defenceman) his first year - and that was split between 2 teams.

Stastny was a PPG NHL'er straight out of college for Colorado....


The list is littered with players who've come out of that system and have stepped right into an NHL lineup and contributed. 

Am I saying it's likely? No, but is it a possibility Boeser could do the same? Yes, absolutely. I'm speaking hypothetically here guys (and gals) 
This team has had so much bad luck over it's entire existence, it sure would be nice for a few dominos to fall in our favour here next year. If they do, who knows what migth happen? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

After Sedins:

 

Dahlen  2017 Draft  Boeser

Goldobin  Horvat  Granlund

Baercheese  Sutter  Virtanen

Jasek  Lockwood  Gaudette

(SJ pick?, Torts pick?) etc.

 

 

Tryamkin  Stecher

Juolevi  Tanev

Hutton  Gubranson

Brisbois     

 

 

Makstrom

Demko 

Garteig

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, darkpoet said:


I hear you. It might look preposterous but it wouldn't be the first time a star from the NCAA stepped right into the NHL

Toews had 54 points in 64 games his first year in Chicago after 2 years in the NCAA. 

Eaves finished then spent a few weeks in the A before being called up by Ottawa and put up 30 points in 50 games for the Senators.

Kreider finished and went straight onto the Rangers and put up 45 points.

Shattenkirk finished than played a couple weeks in the A before putting up 45 points (as a defenceman) his first year - and that was split between 2 teams.

Stastny was a PPG NHL'er straight out of college for Colorado....


The list is littered with players who've come out of that system and have stepped right into an NHL lineup and contributed. 

Am I saying it's likely? No, but is it a possibility Boeser could do the same? Yes, absolutely. I'm speaking hypothetically here guys (and gals) 
This team has had so much bad luck over it's entire existence, it sure would be nice for a few dominos to fall in our favour here next year. If they do, who knows what migth happen? 

 

Well if you look at Kyle Connor, he's a pretty good comparable to Boeser.

 

Connor put up even better numbers than Boeser and he hasn't been able to crack the Jets' lineup this year consistently. I think he's in the AHL right now too?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, MikeyBoy44 said:

Virtanen on the 2nd line as early next season isn't happening.

I had to fill the hole, so I did ::D

For all we know, Virt could take the entire summer to really buckle down and get his head on straight. Stranger things have happened. He might look at what's happened here now over the last few days and go "whoa I better get my ass in shape"

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, darkpoet said:

I had to fill the hole, so I did ::D

For all we know, Virt could take the entire summer to really buckle down and get his head on straight. Stranger things have happened. He might look at what's happened here now over the last few days and go "whoa I better get my ass in shape"

 

We can only hope man.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, darkpoet said:

I had to fill the hole, so I did ::D

For all we know, Virt could take the entire summer to really buckle down and get his head on straight. Stranger things have happened. He might look at what's happened here now over the last few days and go "whoa I better get my ass in shape"

 

Guy has 11 pts in 44gp and second worst +/- in Utica. I'd be happy if he manages to just play like a top 6 guy in the AHL next year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Senpai said:

Well if you look at Kyle Connor, he's a pretty good comparable to Boeser.

 

Connor put up even better numbers than Boeser and he hasn't been able to crack the Jets' lineup this year consistently. I think he's in the AHL right now too?

Looks like 4 points in Winterpeg then sent down. But putting up almost ppg in the A.

Who was he playing with though? The reason I stuck all those fresh cake wingers on our top 2 lines was because Granlund and Bo already have about 400 games of NHL time under them and Bo is likely going to be our next Captain. That's a good amount of experience to show those kids how to play. I think a lot of these kids aren't in a position to be as offensive as they were in college because they don't have the opportunity to be so on an NHL team. Just a thought...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, RJ39 said:

Gotta see if Boeser is able to make the team out of camp. Might need a season in the AHL before he starts producing on that top line.

For sure. I'm presenting more or less a best-case-scenario. But like i said, after 40+ years I think this team has earned a few big breaks. We should have won a Cup by accident by now ffs, lol

I can tell you one thing, I'm STOKED for the YoungStars in Penticton this year! I just live down the street. B)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, darkpoet said:

Looks like 4 points in Winterpeg then sent down. But putting up almost ppg in the A.

Who was he playing with though? The reason I stuck all those fresh cake wingers on our top 2 lines was because Granlund and Bo already have about 400 games of NHL time under them and Bo is likely going to be our next Captain. That's a good amount of experience to show those kids how to play. I think a lot of these kids aren;t in a position to be as offensive as they were in college because they don;t have the opportunity to be so on an NHL team. Just a thought...

Yeah i don't watch much of the Jets so i don't really know who he played with tbh.

 

However, it's not always a good idea to throw your top guys into the fire right away either... I'd argue Edmonton really hurt a lot of their prospects by doing that (Nuge, also Brule in CBJ). All guys are different, maybe Boeser will show he can play on the top line, but I think it's unfair to assume he will. Those are super high expectations is all i'm getting at.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...