Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hillarity Of HF-Criticism


Nuxfanabroad

Recommended Posts

Of course HFBoards is notorious for their over-the-top hatred & criticism of anything Van's front office has done, since JB has taken over.

 

In fairness, plenty of our posters(incl myself) have leveled criticisms at our team, for various reasons. With that, would suggest this site has been far more objective, with a number of us stating posts(& starting threads) where we've also enthused over positive developments(present, & future). We've had plenty of that, these past few days.

 

Over on HF, after eastern media-mongrels acknowledging JB's success, there seems to be a fair share of embittered children, spewing irrelevant vitriol. Doesn't seem they want to acknowledge the latest memos. Starting to wonder if any of that ilk were Van-fans to begin with?

 

******************************

 

It's easy to draw parallels with their behaviour & that of a certain political party(which snatched unlikely defeat) down south. I'm no Trump-backer..but them upset HF 'supposed' Nuck-fans are carrying on like political-whiners, who can't accept unexpected success of those they slagged.

 

Can see some Hillarity in all this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In order of whining arrogance

 

y2kcanucks (60k posts)

Ronning on Empty (moderator)

Terrible.Dee

 

Only 2 of them are from HF, but I got stuck there yesterday morning thinking omg a huge trade happened and crashed CDC.  After listening to them it is absolutely astonishing the level of idiocy and ignorance displayed on that forum.  Coupled only by the whinging here by a few people.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Was looking something up on the Business of Hockey section when I thought "oh what the hell, let's have a peek at the Burrows thread". Lots of surprise and praise from everybody except for one lame Leafs fan who probably has no fun in life, and ZippGunn who I remember from around here. Good riddance to that plug, and all the other plugs who were booted from here. It's enough to make you want to throw your computer out the window instead of sifting through for sanity.

 

Overall I stay away from everything but the business section, it can be pretty interesting depending on the topic. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Was looking something up on the Business of Hockey section when I thought "oh what the hell, let's have a peek at the Burrows thread". Lots of surprise and praise from everybody except for one lame Leafs fan who probably has no fun in life, and ZippGunn who I remember from around here. Good riddance to that plug, and all the other plugs who were booted from here. It's enough to make you want to throw your computer out the window instead of sifting through for sanity.

 

Overall I stay away from everything but the business section, it can be pretty interesting depending on the topic. 

Maybe one day I'll go check their hockey biz forum, but what you wrote about throwing your computer out the window.... I feel that.

 

I've been to that site twice, first time I was like "whoa, must be a bad day", so I went back a while later and just saw more of the same. Just so many angry dudes being excessively negative and overall - harshing my mellow.

 

I don't have the will to subject myself to obsessive negatards, most of the comments I couldn't even wrap my head around, let alone convince myself to engage those a-holes in conversation. Some people enjoy being angry, thrive off of it, and they can stay on HF. I won't be there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, LordCanuck said:

I find HF is a place you go for a quick read. It can be pretty funny sometimes. I wonder what keeps some of them going sometimes. 

I pretty much just go there for their prospects section. Every so often you come across a poster there who has seen x prospect live and gives people some insight. Or a poster who religiously follows a prospect and gives everyone updates. Some really good insight on a guy like Hischier and a few years before W. Nylander and Kapanen. 

 

All the other Canuck-related stuff there gives me headaches lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Maybe one day I'll go check their hockey biz forum, but what you wrote about throwing your computer out the window.... I feel that.

 

I've been to that site twice, first time I was like "whoa, must be a bad day", so I went back a while later and just saw more of the same. Just so many angry dudes being excessively negative and overall - harshing my mellow.

 

I don't have the will to subject myself to obsessive negatards, most of the comments I couldn't even wrap my head around, let alone convince myself to engage those a-holes in conversation. Some people enjoy being angry, thrive off of it, and they can stay on HF. I won't be there.

Yep. Little to absolutely none of that trash enters the Business of Hockey section. As an example, it's where I learned a bit of specifics relative to what was happening with the Islanders when they signed their new (now old) lease in Brooklyn, and some of the goings on surrounding the neverending Arizona arena debacle. I find it a useful source of other teams fans with much more business insight to what's happening to their franchise than I have. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Green Building said:

Yep. Little to absolutely none of that trash enters the Business of Hockey section. As an example, it's where I learned a bit about what was happening with the Islanders when they signed their new (old now) lease in Brooklyn, and some of the goings on surrounding the neverending Arizona arena debacle. I find it a useful source of other teams fans with much more business insight to what's happening to their franchise than I have. 

Nice. Maybe one day.

 

It was literally years ago and I'll still scarred. It was like reading "what skinheads think about hockey".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Of course HFBoards is notorious for their over-the-top hatred & criticism of anything Van's front office has done, since JB has taken over.

 

In fairness, plenty of our posters(incl myself) have leveled criticisms at our team, for various reasons. With that, would suggest this site has been far more objective, with a number of us stating posts(& starting threads) where we've also enthused over positive developments(present, & future). We've had plenty of that, these past few days.

 

Over on HF, after eastern media-mongrels acknowledging JB's success, there seems to be a fair share of embittered children, spewing irrelevant vitriol. Doesn't seem they want to acknowledge the latest memos. Starting to wonder if any of that ilk were Van-fans to begin with?

 

******************************

 

It's easy to draw parallels with their behaviour & that of a certain political party(which snatched unlikely defeat) down south. I'm no Trump-backer..but them upset HF 'supposed' Nuck-fans are carrying on like political-whiners, who can't accept unexpected success of those they slagged.

 

Can see some Hillarity in all this.

Very sneakyB)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Maybe one day I'll go check their hockey biz forum, but what you wrote about throwing your computer out the window.... I feel that.

 

I've been to that site twice, first time I was like "whoa, must be a bad day", so I went back a while later and just saw more of the same. Just so many angry dudes being excessively negative and overall - harshing my mellow.

 

I don't have the will to subject myself to obsessive negatards, most of the comments I couldn't even wrap my head around, let alone convince myself to engage those a-holes in conversation. Some people enjoy being angry, thrive off of it, and they can stay on HF. I won't be there.

& that same day you may have laughed with a stranger and/or friend at the donut shop, over yesterday's lousy game, etc...

 

Being out of country(as a Van fan) serves as an inconvenience. No random puck-discourse in Asia. That's exacerbated by the fact I feel most MSmedia ARE mealy-mouthed, lackey-wh*res, appealing to the lowest common denominator of us lowlife hoi-polloi(sure..throw ME in with the masses!). For example, helping set Cdn regions(flames of accusatory rhetoric) against each other like saboteurs at politico-'rallies'

 

I've never signed up for HF(too neg, as you say)..have only lurked, for the crumbs of knowledge, left under their blathering maws. As a psychological case study, sorta' interesting to see the herd-mentality, & exerted peer-pressure, for posters who don't conform to the accepted narratives. It's a natural social-phenomenom..amplified online, but IMHO, ensuring a hobby like sport becomes an obsessive, zero-sum, idiots' war.

 

Extremes observed may clarify one's philosophy, in almost any realm.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

& that same day you may have laughed with a stranger and/or friend at the donut shop, over yesterday's lousy game, etc...

You have a point. It must be difficult not having a real social network with hockey interest. I cried watching highlights in Laos once upon a time.

22 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

 

Extremes observed may clarify one's philosophy, in almost any realm.

Very astute, Zen like actually. Maybe one day, but I find myself easily bothered by warrantless aggression and anger. I might go read the Edler thread one day, if they have one. He's my whipping boy!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, luckylager said:

You have a point. It must be difficult not having a real social network with hockey interest. I cried watching highlights in Laos once upon a time.

Very astute, Zen like actually. Maybe one day, but I find myself easily bothered by warrantless aggression and anger. I might go read the Edler thread one day, if they have one. He's my whipping boy!

So we keep smilin' despite(for example) evil Bettman's Chinese water drip-torture, as he simultaneously cuts up the quality of our hockey-opium. This world will whittle down one's sense of humour, & I damnwellCan't dream up any antidote to that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

It's easy to draw parallels with their behaviour & that of a certain political party(which snatched unlikely defeat) down south. I'm no Trump-backer..but them upset HF 'supposed' Nuck-fans are carrying on like political-whiners, who can't accept unexpected success of those they slagged.

 

Can see some Hillarity in all this.

The Republicans whined about Obama for 8 years. Now they can't stop whining about the media. They are literally the party for whiners.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Of course HFBoards is notorious for their over-the-top hatred & criticism of anything Van's front office has done, since JB has taken over.

 

In fairness, plenty of our posters(incl myself) have leveled criticisms at our team, for various reasons. With that, would suggest this site has been far more objective, with a number of us stating posts(& starting threads) where we've also enthused over positive developments(present, & future). We've had plenty of that, these past few days.

 

Over on HF, after eastern media-mongrels acknowledging JB's success, there seems to be a fair share of embittered children, spewing irrelevant vitriol. Doesn't seem they want to acknowledge the latest memos. Starting to wonder if any of that ilk were Van-fans to begin with?

 

******************************

 

It's easy to draw parallels with their behaviour & that of a certain political party(which snatched unlikely defeat) down south. I'm no Trump-backer..but them upset HF 'supposed' Nuck-fans are carrying on like political-whiners, who can't accept unexpected success of those they slagged.

 

Can see some Hillarity in all this.

Just so I'm clear...you're calling this season for the Canucks an "unexpected success"..?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, theilluminati said:

Just so I'm clear...you're calling this season for the Canucks an "unexpected success"..?

How can we establish this clarity? Do you have a 3rd party that may confirm you haven't run into(or dabbled with) any wacky substances!?

 

May I introduce you to   ...Mr Happy?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

:^) Hi there!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's almost like they aren't really Canuck fans, but simply there as a cultic support group with a common target to vent their Two Minute Hate upon.  I was on there too yesterday with the CDC board down, and their underhanded LaBamba-like "compliments" are pretty silly and neurotic.  They cannot out and out berate Benning when he does good things, but they still find a way of turning it around into disparaging comments.

 

"Benning's not a total buffoon at drafting... so he's a complete idiot for trading away any picks."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...