The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zack MacEwen | #71 | RW

stonecoldstevebernier

In case you want to see him play a bit

Overall I was surprised with how his hands look. He tries to do too much a lot, but he can make some plays. I feel like he is just a bigger faster version of Pavel-Laplate, which actually bodes pretty well for him being an AHL player next year.

Kid has some ridiculously soft hands.  Hard to project what exactly he will be in the pros considering its expected to be able to dangle and dominate as a 20 year old against teens, but he certainly has the capability and confidence to play a skilled role, but also play a responsible game too.

Will be excited to see how he finishes the season and hopefully come well prepared for training camp.

• Upvote 1

Highlights didn't reveal much. Decent skater but did he even score? He's got the Ovie spot on the PP but his shot needs work. Kassian without the snarl? a better skating Grenier?

One good point at the end - diving to sweep puck away a sure empty net goal.

Utica-bound at end of season? Maybe one or two non-playoff games. (I seem to remember JV, Hutton, McCann on roster during the big playoff year but only JV saw post-season action.)

13 hours ago, stonecoldstevebernier said:

What do you have against Zack Fitzgerald? :(

Cautiously raising the bar to a very high but achievable level.

9 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I've got that honour reserved for a certain Mr. Aston-Reese. ;) 

"Yet" -- we don't have him "yet" :)

Holy, that's some filthy hands for a 6'4 200lb guy. Bit of a late bloomer, only his second full season in the QMJHL. He's also got a physical side.

He's been a PPG in pretty much every league he's played.  Could be a real gem. 

We might have something with this kid. If he plays well and impresses in training camp, I could see him snagging a spot in next year's lineup in a bottom 6 role. He also has some silky hands not Patty Kane like but enough to make him a threat every time he touches the puck. He can easily become a special player