The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zack MacEwen | #71 | RW

stonecoldstevebernier

2 hours ago, Stelar said:

Grenier has played in 9 NHL games and is a -5. He has been invisible in whatever ice time he has had.  He hasn't even made a LaBate or Kenins impression at all. 

Grenier has been used inconsistently enough for him not to show much consistency.

Labate and Kenins were given many back to back, and strings of games to form there game at this level.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Grenier has been used inconsistently enough for him not to show much consistency.

Labate and Kenins were given many back to back, and strings of games to form there game at this level.

Maybe when he gets some ice time he should use it to make himself somewhat noticeable. Again, he has played 9 NHL games and I care to say he may as well have played zero.....

also, why do you think the other two got more of a look, maybe because they were noticeable when they got a chance. 

Edited by Stelar
  • Upvote 1

If you don't play players through consequtive games, you do not give them a fair chance.

If. You've played the game, you realize that getting 5 mins of ice time is not much to show your best.. what is worse, is not getting another game at this level for a month.

WD has no system.

Basically what happens is you get the fourth line as a player,  your opportunity against the oppositions fourth line sends you over the boards,. And then within 15-20 seconds the opposition throws their 1st line on against you and your Coach is calling you off.

Rarely do you get a 45 second shift, unless you've been caught in your own end n the 2nd period with it being the long change for you to get to your bench.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, stonecoldstevebernier said:

Gatineau's still alive, and what was a 3-0 deficit is now 3-2 with a 5-3 come from behind win in Game 5. MacEwan scored the tying goal with four minutes to play and added an assist; he now has 4-3-7 in five playoff games.

Hopefully I can make it to game 6!

where's that poster that was saying this was a waste of a contract by JB?that's a clear example of someone that forms a judgement on a player by looking at stats and not the play of the guy.he was crying because we signed abramovs linemate from last year and he's in the ECHL now.i think mcewen makes abramov better.i think he had it backwards.

1 minute ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

Wowww is this guy for real... don't want to get too hyped but damn he looks scary going at full speed and his subtle fakes and the way he takes advantage of the small gaps..

he's what I want virtanen to be

Don't wanna be a Debbie Downer, but Grenier looked pretty dominant as an over-ager too.

Until we see how his game translates to the next level I'm gonna hold off on the hype.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Don't wanna be a Debbie Downer, but Grenier looked pretty dominant as an over-ager too.

Until we see how his game translates to the next level I'm gonna hold off on the hype.

In Grenier's defense, an overage player developing into a consistent top six guy on your AHL team who can fill in as a call-up from time to time isn't a bad thing. There's always the Dane Fox route as an alternative. Nothing's really a fair expectation of MacEwan this early on though so I'm holding off on the hype too.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I think this kid is all game DeNiro,.  apparently the Nucks brass had him in Vancouver last year,. Kid has openly said he has had a plan with purpose in place for the past 2 seasons, and recognizes the rewards his plan has brought.. and that it motivates him.

He is stoked to have signed with us..

I would say that although his path is going to be different than going through the draft or college,. his level of commitment to be the best that he can be will be none less than what we have seen from Horvat.

I refuse to be skeptical,. It goes against the work and commitment this kid has done to develop his game to be noticed..

But like Tryamkin, I'll be prepared to be pleasantly surprised.. and cheer him on enthusiastically.

Giver' hell Zack !!

Edited by SilentSam
  • Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

i almost have to agree with you on this one. until he's playing this way in the AHL, i'm going to reserve judgment. 

• Upvote 1