The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Burrows was almost traded to the Habs

Odd.

Alexandre Burrows was dealt from the Vancouver Canucks to the Ottawa Senators in exchange for Swedish prospect Jonathan Dahlen at the NHL Trade Deadline, however the veteran winger nearly became a member of the Montreal Canadiens.

“What stopped it? Many believe it was the $5-million extension Ottawa was willing to do that Montreal wasn’t,” Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos said Saturday on the Headlines segment on Hockey Night in Canada.

Elliotte Friedman added that he believes there were eight teams making serious offers for Burrows but Ottawa was the only one willing to step up with an extension.

Burrows scored two goals in his Senators debut Thursday.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/burrows-nearly-became-member-canadiens-trade-deadline/

Still very happy with the return we got from Ottawa. Dahlen would probably be Montreal's best forward prospect. Kinda glad he didn't get traded there. Absolutely dislike the Habs.

• Odd. changed the title to [Report] Burrows was almost traded to the Habs
1 hour ago, terrible.dee said:

I would have asked Galchenuk a 2nd and some degree of wit

This would have adressed critical needs for team, prospect pool and fan base alike

Galchenyuk has almost double the points Burrows has in less games and is 23. Montreal would just laugh at your face (and likely get offended at even the thought of asking for a draft pick ON TOP of asking for a more valuable player than Burrows)....

18 minutes ago, Salmonberries said:

We really need to beef up this summer.

I think Benning is fully aware but first they still need a more urgent skill upgrade.

Once the young guys like Dahlen,Boeser, Juolevi, and Goldobin are up and running next year then they can bring in some more physicality.

Virtanen needs to be that physical guy though at minimum if he isn't going to be a scorer though he has the speed and size to be a very good hitter and fore check the crap out of people.

Sedin-Sedin-Sutter

Baertschi-Horvat-Ericsson

Goldobin-Granlund-Boucher

Labate-Cramarossa-Dorsett

Guance/Chaput

Edler-Stecher

Tryamkin-Tanev

Juolevi-Gudbranson

Biega, Subban

Vegas could pick up Guance, Hutton and or Sbisa might get moved

Markstrom

Miller?

3 hours ago, Where's Wellwood said:

I would've felt good for Burrows going home, but I'm happy with the Ottawa trade. 

I'm interested in what Hansen would've gotten from Montreal if he hadn't declined to waive to go there.

He is home kinda... Ottawa is but two hours away.

Archived