The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PROPOSAL] OFFSEASON MOVES

It seems that Benning wants the youth to take over faster and sort of push out the older players, which I'm fine with so these proposals the theme is adding players for the new group poised to take over.

CBJ: Saad and Hartnell or Jenner and Hartnell if they want to keep Saad

VAN: Sedins and Cole Cassels; willing to give them their second back if they give us Saad.

Tort's loves the Sedins and they respect him, they say good things about Torts when he was here. It allows them to keep their good D intact and keep picks. Canucks get a players coming back, Hartnell could fill leadership void and we help CBJ cap for the future.

DAL: Nich

VAN: Loui

Dallas has offense but very little defense. Lot of cap room this summer which gives them room for his contract, good two-way forward, and very familiar with the organization and city. I'm willing to take back a bad contract if that gets the deal done. I think Loui isn't part of this next group especially if they are not ready to compete for the cup. Vancouver adds another good player that can be part of the new group and he may feel comfortable with the other Russians on the roster.

*   NSH: Ryan Johansen

VAN: 1st round pick

* Nashville trade happens if we get a top three pick an if nashville is willing to give him up. RFA this summer an I think he wants a big contract.

Gave you a negative vote on this post.

All of those trades are completely bonkers. 

Johansen is probably Nashville's most untouchable player. Columbus is now a playoff team, they're not trading one of their top 6 forwards. Loui Eriksson is not waiving his no-movement clause. 

3 hours ago, doodle sack said:

It seems that Benning wants the youth to take over faster and sort of push out the older players, which I'm fine with so these proposals the theme is adding players for the new group poised to take over.

VAN: Sedins and Cole Cassels; willing to give them their second back if they give us Saad.

Tort's loves the Sedins and they respect him, they say good things about Torts when he was here. It allows them to keep their good D intact and keep picks. Canucks get a players coming back, Hartnell could fill leadership void and we help CBJ cap for the future.

Dallas has offense but very little defense. Lot of cap room this summer which gives them room for his contract, good two-way forward, and very familiar with the organization and city. I'm willing to take back a bad contract if that gets the deal done. I think Loui isn't part of this next group especially if they are not ready to compete for the cup. Vancouver adds another good player that can be part of the new group and he may feel comfortable with the other Russians on the roster.

* Nashville trade happens if we get a top three pick an if nashville is willing to give him up. RFA this summer an I think he wants a big contract.

Hahaha love the Dallas trade It's one of the only places I could see Loui actually going trading him for a player in the KHL would essentially be a free buyout brilliant! 

A busted clock is right twice a day. 

22 hours ago, doodle sack said:

Love trade # 2.  I could see that one as doable.  Dallas needs a 200 foot guy like Loui.  He'd be a good fit with Seguin.  Nuke is a fair return, who could fit in with Tryamkin and Goldobin.

22 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Love trade # 2.  I could see that one as doable.  Dallas needs a 200 foot guy like Loui.  He'd be a good fit with Seguin.  Nuke is a fair return, who could fit in with Tryamkin and Goldobin.

It's great that we didnt use pick #9 in 2013 on Nichushkin like some people on CDC were asking for.

Just goes to show you we need to show patience with our young players.

I think we should move Hutton + our second and CBj second this year for a proven winger like Landeskog or a young prospect like Puljujarvi. Then we draft Patrick,Hischier,Vilardi,Mittlestadt (sp?) with our first this year and sign an older Vet like Sharp or Hudler 

21 minutes ago, Nigerian said:

I think we should move Hutton + our second and CBj second this year for a proven winger like Landeskog or a young prospect like Puljujarvi. Then we draft Patrick,Hischier,Vilardi,Mittlestadt (sp?) with our first this year and sign an older Vet like Sharp or Hudler 

That package doesn't even get the conversation started. Sakic would laugh his ass off 

1 minute ago, qwijibo said:

That package doesn't even get the conversation started. Sakic would laugh his ass off 

With Landeskog trending downward, and his history of concussions, maybe we should steer clear of him?  Pierre McGire said as much prior to the TDL.  

On 3/4/2017 at 8:03 PM, doodle sack said:

Who are we offering for McDavid? Edler and a second should get it done right?

Archived