The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Our new first line

nickels

Don't know what has taken so long, but Willie has finally put arguable our top 3 offensive players of the moment on the same line.

Bo Eriksson and Baer will likely be our top line for the foreseeable future.

Allowing the Sedins to slide down to a 2nd line role, and hopefully get some more favorable match ups.

I'm not the biggest Baer fan, and feel any off season acquisition will be to replace him on top line.

Ive been saying on here for months that Bo and Loui should be put together to anchor our new 1st line.

If Loui can play top line in Bos and Dallas...he sure as hell can here with this groupalso.

Loui still has a ton of offensive upside, and fully expect him to rebound to a 25 g 60 pt season next yr.

Brett Hull couldn't score goals playing along side Sutter...

Loui w/the Sedins just wasn/t a great match...twins really need a speedier W at this stage of their careers.

I think finding them a RH W will be another goal this off season. A Janick Hansen w/hands.

32 minutes ago, nickels said:

Don't know what has taken so long, but Willie has finally put arguable our top 3 offensive players of the moment on the same line.

Bo Eriksson and Baer will likely be our top line for the foreseeable future.

Allowing the Sedins to slide down to a 2nd line role, and hopefully get some more favorable match ups.

I'm not the biggest Baer fan, and feel any off season acquisition will be to replace him on top line.

Ive been saying on here for months that Bo and Loui should be put together to anchor our new 1st line.

If Loui can play top line in Bos and Dallas...he sure as hell can here with this groupalso.

Loui still has a ton of offensive upside, and fully expect him to rebound to a 25 g 60 pt season next yr.

Brett Hull couldn't score goals playing along side Sutter...

Loui w/the Sedins just wasn/t a great match...twins really need a speedier W at this stage of their careers.

I think finding them a RH W will be another goal this off season. A Janick Hansen w/hands.

I don't think Baertschi is a first line guy. Good second but not first line talent. Bo could be first line and we have some prospects like Boeser and Goldobin who could be too. My hopes are in the next 2-3 years we'll see

Goldy-Bo-Boeser

Baertschi-Granlund/2017or18pick-Eriksson/Virtanen

Id like to see Granlund get another shot at centre with some good wingers.

Gaudette   Horvat     Boeser

Dahlen    2017 draft  Goblin

Baertchi   Granlund   Virtanen

Gaunce      Sutter     Eriksson

Jasek, Lockwood, draft picks? 

Juolevi     Tanev

Tryamkin  Stecher

Hutton      Gubranson

Brisbois

Markstrom

Demko

Garteig

http://vancouversun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/gaudettes-rapid-ncaa-scoring-rise-has-canucks-mapping-pro-plan

Baertschi Horvat Eriksson

Sedin Sedin Boeser

Goldobin Hischier Sutter

Boucher Gaunce Granlund

Cramarossa

Edler Tanev

Hutton Tryamkin

Juolevi Stecher

McEneny Pedan

Markstrom

Miller

Draft Hischier with #2 overall (or Patrick), trade one of Gudbranson and Sbisa - lose the other to Vegas.

Leaves the following as the cream of the AHL team: Gaudette, Dahlen, Virtanen, Subban, Demko

19 minutes ago, EagleShield said:

Sedin Sedin Boeser

Goldobin Hischier Sutter

Boucher Gaunce Granlund

Cramarossa

Edler Tanev

Hutton Tryamkin

Juolevi Stecher

McEneny Pedan

Markstrom

Miller

Draft Hischier with #2 overall (or Patrick), trade one of Gudbranson and Sbisa - lose the other to Vegas.

Leaves the following as the cream of the AHL team: Gaudette, Dahlen, Virtanen, Subban, Demko

This post makes me excited again.

13 hours ago, hearditall said:

Gaudette   Horvat     Boeser

Dahlen    2017 draft  Goblin

Baertchi   Granlund   Virtanen

Gaunce      Sutter     Eriksson

Jasek, Lockwood, draft picks? 

Juolevi     Tanev

Tryamkin  Stecher

Hutton      Gubranson

Brisbois

Markstrom

Demko

Garteig

http://vancouversun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/gaudettes-rapid-ncaa-scoring-rise-has-canucks-mapping-pro-plan

So this is the Canucks 2020-21?

45 minutes ago, EagleShield said:

Sedin Sedin Boeser

Goldobin Hischier Sutter

Boucher Gaunce Granlund

Cramarossa

Edler Tanev

Hutton Tryamkin

Juolevi Stecher

McEneny Pedan

Markstrom

Miller

Fingers crossed that we get 2nd overall (or 1st!).

If we trade Guddy or Sbisa then we won't lose the other to Vegas because they will be on our protected list.

Thats fine tho, because there's no way Juolevi makes the Canucks in 2017-18.

2017/2018 Canucks Lineup          

Sedin Sedin Boeser

Goldobin Sutter Granlund

Dorsett Nolan/Hischier Virtanen

Edler Stecher

Tanev Tryamkin

Hutton Gudbranson

Juolevi

Miller

Markstrom

We lose Gaunce & Sbisa to the expansion draft

This line up is infused with the right amount of veterans , flourishing younger veterans and newly acquired rookies/sophomores.

I really hope we get either Patrick or Hischier. Either would be good but to be honest we do need a larger skilled #1 Centre like Nolan Patrick. I truly believe in order for us to succeed with this line up we do require a new coach. I have really given Willie Desjardins many opportunities to prove me wrong but I do not think he can take us all the way. He just seems to lack the spine and discipline. He seems to crumble under pressure and take it out on the wrong youngsters that are performing.Again i understand what hes doing, guys like Megna player a better 2 way game than lets say Goldobin but how can we ever expect the youngsters to develop a 2 way game if they are not rewarded for their good plays.

2017/2018 Canucks Lineup      

Baer - Horvat - Eriksson

Virtanen - Henrik - Boeser

Daniel - Sutter - Goldobin 

MacEwen - Gaunce - Cramarossa

Edler Stecher

Hutton Tryamkin

Tanev Gudbranson

Miller

Markstrom

59 minutes ago, BigTramFan said:

Fingers crossed that we get 2nd overall (or 1st!).

If we trade Guddy or Sbisa then we won't lose the other to Vegas because they will be on our protected list.

Thats fine tho, because there's no way Juolevi makes the Canucks in 2017-18.

Can't trade until after the expansion draft, but in reality I don't think either really fits long term or is the best of what we have.  Gudbranson and a second could be enough to jump into a mid teens pick. At that point we're one sticky season away from turning the corner - a top 3 pick next year would be a franchise player to to it all off. Finally getting excited again.

Its funny NOT SO LONG AGO, some pro CDC analysts(not mentioning any names) were saying Bo was going to be a 2nd line center at best. I said last year Bo was our next top line center and Captain but very few thought this was possible. The more Bo plays the more this is looking like it is getting closer to reality. In your face! you naysayers and I guess your professional opinions aren't so professional after all. :lol:

P.S. The mighty Sedins are not the best players on the team anymore no matter what you see with your rose colored glasses on.

2 hours ago, EdgarM said:

Its funny NOT SO LONG AGO, some pro CDC analysts(not mentioning any names) were saying Bo was going to be a 2nd line center at best. I said last year Bo was our next top line center and Captain but very few thought this was possible. The more Bo plays the more this is looking like it is getting closer to reality. In your face! you naysayers and I guess your professional opinions aren't so professional after all. :lol:

P.S. The mighty Sedins are not the best players on the team anymore no matter what you see with your rose colored glasses on.

Bo sure hustles.

As Button salivated over the Canucks' ensemble of young, talented kids, he said he and some in his circle believe the Canucks to be 18 to 24 months away from a really good team.

The Sedins might have to be dealt with this summer or at the next trade deadline; they are declining, the Canucks are evolving.

This is Bo's team now. 

I'm not convinced that Baertschi is going to stay as a 1st line player but i think he is a serviceable 2nd line player. Granlund is really impressing lately and i can see him playing on the line with Bo next year. Or maybe they go free agent route for another forward.

Also wondering where Dorsett ends up next year, third line or fourth.

13 hours ago, J-23 said:

2017/2018 Canucks Lineup      

Baer - Horvat - Eriksson

Virtanen - Henrik - Boeser

Daniel - Sutter - Goldobin 

MacEwen - Gaunce - Cramarossa

Edler Stecher

Hutton Tryamkin

Tanev Gudbranson

Miller

Markstrom

I really like your lineup for next year. Couple of tweaks I would like to see...

- Keep Granlund in the lineup, maybe 2LW instead of Virt?

- McEwen should have to prove himself to get permanent spot. Other options here are Labate, Grenier or Boucher

- Switch Tanev and Tram so they are on their natural sides

- Assume Sbisa is gone to Vegas? Or maybe he's just #7D?

- Not sure if Miller will resign or if we need to be looking for a backup/tandem goalie to partner Markstrom for a couple years until Demko is ready

2017/2018

Goldobin Horvat Baer

Sedin Sedin Eriksson (if yer moving the twins for the reasonings given, then play Loui with them. they have the most chemistry)

Virtanen Sutter Granlund

Archibald (his time has come unless we can get another Swede) Dahlen Rodin

Archived