The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How many think the Team needs some new lineup looks?

*Buzzsaw*

Is it time to try some new Line Combinations?  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok... everyone knows the Canucks are not going to make the playoffs.

So, my first question:  Is this is the time for the coaching staff to give the prospects and newer players a chance to show what they have?

Second question:  Is the time to try out some new line combinations?  For example, the Sedins are showing themselves to be a real liability defensively... game after game they take penalties, their line gets boxed in the D-Zone, they get scored on.  Is it not time to try splitting them up?

How about some new combinations?  Granlund, Goldobin, Boucher for example?  Or maybe back to Granlund, Sutter, Eriksson... there has to be a way to get Eriksson going again... now its time to start thinking about next season... we really need production out of this guy.

There are no longer any risks, only upsides in the draft positioning.  Horvat, Baertschi and Stecher have matured enough that they won't lose their motivation if there are losses...  they are confident enough now.

What do people think?

12 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

How about some new combinations?  Granlund, Goldobin, Boucher for example?  Or maybe back to Granlund, Sutter, Eriksson... there has to be a way to get Eriksson going again... now its time to start thinking about next season... we really need production out of this guy.

You didn't like the Baertschi-Horvat-Eriksson line? I thought they were solid tonight. I strongly believe Eriksson can play to the best of his abilities with a player that has arguably been our best forward this season.

38 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

You didn't like the Baertschi-Horvat-Eriksson line? I thought they were solid tonight. I strongly believe Eriksson can play to the best of his abilities with a player that has arguably been our best forward this season.

Some of us have called for that line since the summer.  Let them run with primary offensive responsibilities down the stretch and do whatever with all the rest, mixing and matching getting the kids in there to see what we have.

35 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Eriksson and Horvat look good together.  I really liked them with Hansen before the trade and would like that like to stick.  Move Sutter up with the Sedins and roll with Boucher-Granlund-Goldy as a 3rd line.

Yep good combo for sure. Louis takin over for burrows on that line.  Workin so far. 

The Horvat line tonight needs to remain the same. However, I think the Sedins should be split up now, they have lost their magic. The 2nd and 3rd line should be mixed around. Here is a lineup I wouldn't mind seeing:

Baer - Horvat - Eriksson

Goldobin - Henrik - Granlund

Daniel - Sutter - Boucher

Chaput - Gaunce - Cramarossa

EDIT: I replaced Megna with Boucher

Sedin - Sedin - Sutter

Baertschi - Horvat - Eriksson

Gaunce - Granlund - Goldobin

Boucher - Cramarossa - Chaput

or 

Baertschi - Horvat - Goldobin

Sedin - Sedin - Eriksson

Granlund - Sutter - Virtanen

Gaunce - Cramarossa - Chaput

regardless, no more Megna please. Dude's 27. What does willie think he's gonna see if he keeps trucking this guy out?

17 minutes ago, J-23 said:

The Horvat line tonight needs to remain the same. However, I think the Sedins should be split up now, they have lost their magic. The 2nd and 3rd line should be mixed around. Here is a lineup I wouldn't mind seeing:

Baer - Horvat - Eriksson

Daniel - Sutter - Megna

THIS. Precisely what I had in mind!

Was just going to post something like this. Have wanted to split the twins(not always, granted about 50-70% of shifts, perhaps), for about THREE F***ing yrs now! Threads like this make me feel the Gawds are trolling me(no offense, OP).

Willie's dumb as a sack of blunt objects. As dumb as theHolocaustwasevil. FerGawdsakes man! Just watch how exhausted key players are tomorrow - it's no wonder we get all these injuries, if you don't USE your F***ing whole roster!!! AAAGGHRRRR**``~==OOO++?><KK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, J-23 said:

Baer - Horvat - Eriksson

I really like where you're going with this.

if there are no more signings before next season I think the best line combos for 2017-18 would be

Baer  Horvat  Eriksson

Granlund  Henrik  Goldobin

Daniel  Sutter  Boeser 

These lines can be used in most situations and should be used equally because they are well balanced (each has defensively responsible players, some speed, playmaking ability, sniping). Ok we are lacking size and grit but this is the best we can do with this roster. But the main thing is that it gives our young guys ice time with veteran support on each line.

I am assuming Gaunce will be claimed by Vegas and that Virt and Dahlen will not be ready.

And we try and even out the size and grit on 4th line, maybe:

Cramarossa  Chaput  Dorsett

Keep Boucher or Rodin as 13th F

bring Labate, Grenier up from AHL as required

Eriksson looked more alert on Horvat's line, hopefully that will continue.  Granlund is fine with the Sedins but Sutter was a good wing for them earlier this season as well.  Almost no one on the top 9 has an offensive role, everyone has be playing defense with a dump & chase and hope for a loose puck and rebound- kind of works for players like Megna, Sutter, Horvat and Eriksson but not everyone on the team has that 200' caliber and Willie is trying to develop that into as many players as possible.

But at this point in the season, everyone including the young ones should be getting ample ice time to improve at an NHL level, you can't do that in practices and sitting in the press box.  It worked for Tryamkin, Granlund and Baertschi and would work for Boucher and Goldy.  Subban is still a concern defense-wise.

The way I see it is if Bure was playing today he would only get 25-30 goals instead of 50-60 under Willie, Bure was a floater and rarely played into the defensive zone.  I see some offensive minded players getting held back.

I don't know if splitting up the sedins 5 on 5 is the way to go but on the pp is no brainer. They'll be more subjective and stop just looking for each other

sedin-sedin-eriksson

baer-horvat-goldobin

granlund-sutter-virtanen

Cramarossa-gaunce-boucher

skille

I would like to see virt for a short stint cause I know he'll be motivated to stick around 

edler-stecher

tryamkin-tanev

hutton-guddy(he'll be back soon)

sbisa-biega

send Larsen home and send chaput and Megna to the comets 

Willie should stand pat why mess with success ...lol .

bringing up young guys for confidence crusher willie to sit in the press box while Larsen megna and chapoo play ...pointless

juggling the lines splitting the sedins wouldn't change the garbage no offence chase chase chase dump system he has these guy doing. 

Wait it out 18 games left fire him hire a guy that knows what he's doing and has a track record of getting the most out his young players by building confindence while still playing an entertianing upbeat scoring and skill brand of hockey that people will pay to see.

10 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Ok... everyone knows the Canucks are not going to make the playoffs.

So, my first question:  Is this is the time for the coaching staff to give the prospects and newer players a chance to show what they have?

Second question:  Is the time to try out some new line combinations?  For example, the Sedins are showing themselves to be a real liability defensively... game after game they take penalties, their line gets boxed in the D-Zone, they get scored on.  Is it not time to try splitting them up?

There are no longer any risks, only upsides in the draft positioning.  Horvat, Baertschi and Stecher have matured enough that they won't lose their motivation if there are losses...  they are confident enough now.

What do people think?

How are you even allowed to make topics anymore?

9 hours ago, J-23 said:

Baer - Horvat - Eriksson

Totally agree with the structure, Horvat and Eriksson on the first line, Baer is up for discussion but since Horvat and him click, he stays....split the Sedins! love it, they aren't what they were 2 seasons ago, and this makes us have 3 lines that can compete.

Archived