The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How many think the Team needs some new lineup looks?

*Buzzsaw*

Is it time to try some new Line Combinations?  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think the top 6 is fairly set and based on the team as it is, I'm ok with it.  

It's the bottom 6 that is the problem for me.  There's not a lot there.  Too many fringe NHLers  (Chaput, Skille, Megna, Cramarossa, Boucher).  None of these guys should be playing as high as the 3rd line ever imo.  Boucher still has a chance to show that he's more than a fringe guy but none of them are as good as Dorsett.  I'm not certain whether Benning will try to improve depth here over the summer or just let things run their course until he has prospects pushing out the fringe players.  Obviously there's room in the forward ranks since Burrows and Hansen are gone.

Bottom 6 depth when everybody is healthy, to start next year is:

Gaunce Sutter Goldobin

Dorsett Chaput Skille

Boucher Megna Cramarossa

Virtanen

Boeser

Grenier

So I think it's fairly clear that when you lay it out, there is some skill waiting in the wings.  Boeser and Virtanen have to show that they are clearly the best option at camp.  There's a lot of right wingers so you can see why Willie would try to shoe-horn the left shooting Goldobin on the left side.  It would be great if they could find a better centre for the 4th line.

If I'm Benning. I'm shipping Megna to Utica. Force Willie's hand and play Boucher and Goldy. You've got bodies now in Cramarossa. Oddly enough Chaput puts in more effort, and has almost the same points as Megna, yet he doesn't get the ice time that Megna gets. I'd like to see McEneny back on D, he's going to make mistakes, but he's learning, and he seems to be developing into a pretty good D-man. 

10 hours ago, Kevin Biestra said:

The answer to these questions is obviously "yes" to everyone but Mr. Desjardins.

Desjardins IS the reason nothing changes..

Get ahead in the game and then collapse trying to protect it... thinking he is teaching a 200ft game.  The man is absurd.

6 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

If I'm Benning. I'm shipping Megna to Utica. Force Willie's hand and play Boucher and Goldy. You've got bodies now in Cramarossa. Oddly enough Chaput puts in more effort, and has almost the same points as Megna, yet he doesn't get the ice time that Megna gets. I'd like to see McEneny back on D, he's going to make mistakes, but he's learning, and he seems to be developing into a pretty good D-man. 

+5.      My way of thinking too.    This just makes to much sense.

I could defend a Coach I could see trying to develop his prospects through their mistakes and giving fair game time through rotation of  3-4 prospects than change monthly.

But Desjardins is void of a plan, or a system to produce that.

We have 14,000,000 AAV, almost 20% of our cap going into a -30 combined-performance. The twins are often dragging their a$$es back on shift-changes, and/or taking lazy, meaningles penalties.

They should say..."Coach, we've lost a step. Put us with a bit more speed at times. ANYTHING to help the team."

Don't care if they follow Mother Theresa into the slums of Calcutta, & donate every extra million to starving refugees of South Europe.

The TEAM should be PRIORITY #1!

GUARANTEE you if Burr or Hansen had a twin bro(on team, same scenario), NONE of this would even be necessary to discuss. Probably would've been experimented with 5~7 yrs back, to see what was BEST for the ****in' TEAM!

I wish Willie was a bit more of a tactician...

I think that teams should be aiming for three offensive lines and one defensive line. Our lineup structured that way could look something like this. 

1.Baertschi Horvat Eriksson  

2.Sedin Sedin Granlund 

3.Gaunce Sutter Virtanen      

4.Boucher Chaput Goldobin 

Lines 1&2 would be primary scoring, line 3 is shutdown, and line 4 could provide tertiary offence.

Line 1-I did this because we can all see horvat and baer have chemistry eriksson is great for defensive help and net front help when Horvat decides he'd like to drive.

Line 2-Granlund with the Sedins has potential to be a line that picks apart opposition mistakes, but Sedins should only be 16 min players now. They would look a lot more energetic I bet. 

Line 3-Heavy D-zone minutes. Gaunce and Sutter are great defensive players, and Virt is not bad. Putting him on this line helps with hitting and gives this line counter attack speed.

Line 4-Good face-off guy in Chaput can have two guys that are there to score. For a team that has trouble scoring our 4th line should be there to help with goals not pugilists.

At this point we aren't making the playoffs. If Willie can get it through his Stache to give the kids fair and ample time and build some momentum for next season win or lose then he stays. If he continues to refuse to give the kids time and play the Sedins and his boys like Megna the majority of the time and isn't willing to adapt then he is gone at the end of the year.

Archived