The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Richard Bachman | G

SilentSam

Can not find the Thread for Bachman in the Canuck or Utica/Prospects.

Only posting here so one of the moderators can help with this oversight, or mine. Thanks

Bachman played fantastic last night against physically pressing Kings. Stopped 43 shots.

and 1st star of game I believe?

@StealthNuck

Didn't have a thread since he was hardly a regular. Each person seems to have their own opinions of what gets a player their own thread. I personally like to save player threads for time at which I'm certain they will be Canuck regulars. Others make threads earlier on. 

More on topic, he was lights out last night. I also realized that he's only 29, so he may still just now be entering his prime. Perhaps he can be the next Thomas Greiss.

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Can we have Bachman, Nilssen, Markstrom, and Demko?  What is Demko makes the big club?  What do we do?  Would we send Nilssen down?  I wonder why we need Bachman, while having the other three guys?

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Can we have Bachman, Nilssen, Markstrom, and Demko?  What is Demko makes the big club?  What do we do?  Would we send Nilssen down?  I wonder why we need Bachman, while having the other three guys?

Come on furry, the 2 teams, 4 goalies numbers don't make sense? :P 

Likely Bachman is Demko's backup again in Utica, at least to start the year. I suspect we stick with Marky/Nilsson for most of this season, maybe seeing movement at the TDL. If injuries happen, Demko comes up, Bachman slides into the starting role in Utica where he's more than comfortable, and everyone is happy. 

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Every NHL team has 4 goalies signed to NHL contracts and a few have 5. DiPietro doesn't count because his contract slides.  If they don't sign Bachman they will still have to sign a UFA goalie July 1st. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UticaHockey said:

Every NHL team has 4 goalies signed to NHL contracts and a few have 5. DiPietro doesn't count because his contract slides.  If they don't sign Bachman they will still have to sign a UFA goalie July 1st. 

Not to mention Utica likely signs a goalie to play in Kalamazoo in case of the top 4 goalies ahead get hurt or call ups.  Will they bring back Michael Gartieg?

2 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Not to mention Utica likely signs a goalie to play in Kalamazoo in case of the top 4 goalies ahead get hurt or call ups.  Will they bring back Michael Gartieg?

I don't know what to think about Garteig.  My gut tells me it's 50/50 if they sign him to another AHL deal or look to sign another goalie to an AHL deal to stash in the ECHL as the primary AHL call up.  His numbers were not good last year in K-Zoo and he never played a minute in the AHL.  The misconception about Garteig is that he is young but he really is not.  He is 26 and will turn 27 in November.  He is only a second year pro but he spent 4 years in the BCHL followed by 4 years in college.  I had high hopes for him but it hasn't worked out so far.  Maybe they would be better served by looking for an undrafted 20 - 23 year old willing to play in the ECHL on an AHL contract with some upside potential.  

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, UticaHockey said:

I don't know what to think about Garteig.  My gut tells me it's 50/50 if they sign him to another AHL deal or look to sign another goalie to an AHL deal to stash in the ECHL as the primary AHL call up.  His numbers were not good last year in K-Zoo and he never played a minute in the AHL.  The misconception about Garteig is that he is young but he really is not.  He is 26 and will turn 27 in November.  He is only a second year pro but he spent 4 years in the BCHL followed by 4 years in college.  I had high hopes for him but it hasn't worked out so far.  Maybe they would be better served by looking for an undrafted 20 - 23 year old willing to play in the ECHL on an AHL contract with some upside potential.  

Problem is we have this Goalie shortage for a bit if we don't draft our way out of it. 

Dipietro is a year away (I think) from AHL availability.  And Demko should be NHL bound by the time Dipietro gets to Utica.  So we need two development goalies in our system now and for the foreseeable future.  

Edited by TGT68

• 6 months later...

I am wondering if they sign Kulbakov to a PTO or an AHL contract? I am guessing it will be a PTO as Bachmann still has one year left on his contract after this one.

Depending on the severity of the injury Bachmann could be out up to 6 months or more which is season ending.  

Not sure what Canucks management thinks of Kulbakov but I thought he played quite well in the games he played considering he was backstopping a team that had a badly depleted roster due to injuries and call ups.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I am wondering if they sign Kulbakov to a PTO or an AHL contract? I am guessing it will be a PTO as Bachmann still has one year left on his contract after this one.

Depending on the severity of the injury Bachmann could be out up to 6 months or more which is season ending.  

Not sure what Canucks management thinks of Kulbakov but I thought he played quite well in the games he played considering he was backstopping a team that had a badly depleted roster due to injuries and call ups.

Kulbakov was signed to an AHL contract last summer.  Looks like he will be in Utica the rest of the season if Bachman has an Achilles injury.

• Thanks 1