The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dairy Farmers of Canada - "Who Wants a Cold One"?

Salmonberries

29 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

Milk is disgusting and completely unnecessary. 

I don't see an adult cat walking up to a rat and drinking the milk.  If the milk from a mammal like a bovine, then why not drink from a cat, rat, dog, or bear?

You're right, the milk we buy at the stores is totally unnecessary for human consumption.    But the industry knows they can make more money selling milk and beef from one animal. 

1 hour ago, whytelight said:

I don't see an adult cat walking up to a rat and drinking the milk.  If the milk from a mammal like a bovine, then why not drink from a cat, rat, dog, or bear?

You're right, the milk we buy at the stores is totally unnecessary for human consumption.    But the industry knows they can make more money selling milk and beef from one animal. 

Goat's milk, Buffalo milk and Sheep milk, Camel milk. It's not just Cow's milk that humans consume. Nothing to do with industry. Milk and milk products are have been a staple of human diet all across the world since humans domesticated milk producing animals thousands and thousands of years ago.

There are billions of people who don't even go shopping at supermarkets and have nothing to do with corporations, those who are peasant farmers and village dwellers have lived with milk products being a main part of their diet and nutrition for thousands of years.

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Goat's milk, Buffalo milk and Sheep milk, Camel milk. It's not just Cow's milk that humans consume. Nothing to do with industry. Milk and milk products are have been a staple of human diet all across the world since humans domesticated milk producing animals thousands and thousands of years ago.

There are billions of people who don't even go shopping at supermarkets and have nothing to do with corporations, those who are peasant farmers and village dwellers have lived with milk products being a main part of their diet and nutrition for thousands of years.

point taken....  I just don't believe it's necessary for human consumption.  If it occurred in nature (adult mammals drinking milk from other mammals), then I'd say...sure!  

Raw milk might be good for us.   But the whole sham of "milk builds strong bones....milk is a source of calcium....milk does the body good" is just marketing. 

I can't destroy homemade chocolate chip cookies without a liter of milk. Avalon milk if I splurge, usually Island Farms, Dairyland in a pinch, and Lucerne is piss.

Yoghurt, cheese, kefir, ice cream, macchiato breve, and butter milk fried chicken god dammit!  All delicious, and impossible without milk or cream.

1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

And not as good for you as people think. 

No offense to dairy milk drinkers, drink away. Ima stick to my almond milk. 

It's not good AT ALL. I used to drink it daily till I did the research. 

5 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Love milk. Gotta have it. 

2 or 3 litres a day is normal for me . And it's always the jug of milk on the table during meals not a glass of milk. 

Yum. Enjoy that estrogen. You'll have bItch tits in no time!

I enjoy the taste of milk so I'll have a glass of it every now and then, but yeah it's pretty unnecessary in the grand scheme of things.  The whole marketing campaign that convinced people that you need milk as part of a proper nutritional lifestyle was (and still is) genius.

Archived