The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal - Van - Tampa Bay

7 minutes ago, stuman491 said:

I understand your point that Drouin isn't the essential piece for Tampa, but I think they could net a bigger return for him in terms or prospects or draft picks if they really didn't think they could sign him.  I don't think that us taking on Callahan is enough for them to trade Drouin for the Sedin's.  Although that sure would speed up the rebuild if we could! 

We win the trade but they win the cup. Their options are pretty limited on dumping Callahan I would think and the price of not dumping him will be high. I would be asking the moon If I were JB.  

6 minutes ago, hammertime said:

We win the trade but they win the cup. Their options are pretty limited on dumping Callahan I would think and the price of not dumping him will be high. I would be asking the moon If I were JB.  

That's fair.  I suppose his contract isn't helping their cap crunch at all.  Any team taking his contract will want a sweetner from Yzerman.  Any idea if they are able to buy Callahan out?  Would that be a cheaper option for them?

5 hours ago, Pears said:

Almost every proposal I've seen involving the Sedins has been a serious underpayment by the other team. Can't remember who said it but they said if they were trading the twins they'd expect a B grade prospect and a 1st at least for both.  Like don't even entertain the notion of trading them if we're not getting fair value in return. 

If you look at them as a package and we are only able to retain salary on 1 of their contracts, we are sending away 10.5 million cap hit for 80-90 points.  To put that in perspective Crosby is earning 8.7 Million and is on pace for around 100 points.  Malkin is makinig 9.5 Mill and is on pace for about the same.  Ovechkin is making 9.5 and will be around 90 points (with around 35 goals).  The Sedin's as a package are probably most caparable numbers wise to Ovechkin.  Would a GM be willing to pay a player 10.5 million for 35 goals and 90 points.

At first I didn't think the Sedin's would be worth much at all, but at the deadline next year (judging by what we got this year) perhaps the Sedin's could fetch a pretty penny.  Obviously it totally depends on their numbers next season.  

16 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

This is a long long shot. 

After this season Benning said if the Sedins want a shot at winning a cup its up to them. This is my Sedins to a cup contender proposal.

To Tampa Bay: Sedins (salary retained)

To Van: right D prospect Mathew Spencer & centre prospect Mitchell Stephens (Both 2nd round players acquired via trade in the 2015 Draft)

Druoin or no deal.

37 minutes ago, stuman491 said:

If you look at them as a package and we are only able to retain salary on 1 of their contracts, we are sending away 10.5 million cap hit for 80-90 points.  To put that in perspective Crosby is earning 8.7 Million and is on pace for around 100 points.  Malkin is makinig 9.5 Mill and is on pace for about the same.  Ovechkin is making 9.5 and will be around 90 points (with around 35 goals).  The Sedin's as a package are probably most caparable numbers wise to Ovechkin.  Would a GM be willing to pay a player 10.5 million for 35 goals and 90 points.

At first I didn't think the Sedin's would be worth much at all, but at the deadline next year (judging by what we got this year) perhaps the Sedin's could fetch a pretty penny.  Obviously it totally depends on their numbers next season.  

Your logic is flawed. You're combining 2 players that play on the same line. Generally speaking when one twin score the other gets an assist (not always. But far more often than not) 

if you want to continue the Ovechkin parallel you should add in Backstroms production. So now we're comparing the Sedins (on pace for a combined 93 points this season) to Ovechkin and Backstrom (on pace for 152 points this season) 

17 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Your logic is flawed. You're combining 2 players that play on the same line. Generally speaking when one twin score the other gets an assist (not always. But far more often than not) 

if you want to continue the Ovechkin parallel you should add in Backstroms production. So now we're comparing the Sedins (on pace for a combined 93 points this season) to Ovechkin and Backstrom (on pace for 152 points this season) 

Touche.  This significantly lowers their value then.  5.25 Million for 45 points.  Perhaps that isn't worth anything more than a B prospect. 

Archived