The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Pittsburgh Penguins @ Vancouver Canucks | March Saturday @ 7pm on CBC

Green Building

1 hour ago, b3. said:

I actually don't mind Biega when he plays on the 4th line, he hits everything.

Looking forward for Labates energy tonight.

1 hour ago, CaNuCkSLoUiE23 said:

It's sad when a defenceman playing forward in Biega makes more of an impact than that boy Megna. Too bad Biega's scratched tonight. 

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Too bad I'm going to miss Biega's hitting. We have no pure bodycheckers Biega might be the best one.

Jumping on the bandwagon here. I would like to see Biega get more of a chance to play as a 4th line winger. It is not like our regular 4th liners are scoring a lot, and Biega brings back the traditional 4th line "energy" role (i.e. make a lot of hits, fight hard for the puck, play with intensity). He could be a legitimate "swing man" -- a guy who can play forward or D depending on circumstances.

It seems pretty clear that Willie has decided that, if he get fired this year, it won't be because he tried a lot of experiments or tried to please the fans. He is going completely "by the book", including maximizing the chances of a less skilled team playing against a more skilled team by playing a "structured" (i.e. defensively oriented) game.

And it has sort of worked. I think the Canucks point total so far is as much as could be reasonably expected given their talent. But it does not make for interesting or exciting hockey. Right now the Canucks are on pace to break last year's record for fewest goals scored in a season by a Canuck team.

2 minutes ago, mll said:

LaBate and Grenier are likely emergency recalls because the team is short at F.  There cannot be an extra F available, otherwise one of the recalls has to be converted to a regular recall.  Megna cannot be taken out of the lineup.

Eriksson is out with injury.

Damn, that's right, forgot.

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

I thought Megna's comment was well put.

Has Eriksson worn the A yet?  If not, maybe he gets it tonight, or Sbisa.

Eriksson is still out with a dickered leg.

Has there been anyone outside the rotation of edler tanev or horvat yet? I havent been paying too much attention. i thought they went edler, horvat tanev edler so far... assuming thats the rotation management and fans see as prime candidates anyway.

Obviously Horvat played some inspired hockey when he got to wear the A though putting up 3 assists, 

No need to rotate at all IMO. Not to say that edler or tanev arent deserving of a letter but with the direction of the franchise and with so many young players coming up....there is no better player than Horvat on this team to look to as a leader. It doesnt need to be a big ceremony or spectacle like everything else in vancouver...even if it is a significant step forward for the team. Give credit where credit is due. 

If they didnt give Horvat a letter now than what...they wait however many years for one of the sedins, edler, or tanev to retire or be traded? We only get horvat for one career so lets not waste it!!

Thanks for posting the GDT

I took look forward to laBates  energy.  And like some would like to see Beiga get a better chance - he does bring a lot of energy and isn't afraid to mix it up.

Go Canaucks Go

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

I thought Megna's comment was well put.

Has Eriksson worn the A yet?  If not, maybe he gets it tonight, or Sbisa.

Is it rotating through the players like that? I thought it was just Edler at home games and Horvat at away games?

1 minute ago, MattJVD said:

Is it rotating through the players like that? I thought it was just Edler at home games and Horvat at away games?

Didn't Tanev wear it one night too?  I think they are rotating it around the team.

1 minute ago, MattJVD said:

I thought Sutter and Tanev wore the A already as well. Wish they'd just give it to Bo already instead of waving it in his face like a carrot.

Just now, Bo fan said:

Didn't Tanev wear it one night too?  I think they are rotating it around the team.

Just now, NUCKER67 said:

I thought Sutter and Tanev wore the A already as well. Wish they'd just give it to Bo already instead of waving it in his face like a carrot.

Now that you mention it I do recall Tanev wearing too. Thanks guys.

18 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Probably better to give Horvat the A starting next season and make a nice presentation/anncouncement than with less than 20games now and be like...."we have an extra A lying around now, here take it"

2 hours ago, hatedkid666 said:

Labate takes crosby out for the season, calling it now

I'd much rather someone takes out malkin for the rest of the year, including playoffs. 

I still remember what he did to Mitchell. Ended up in us giving up on Willie, then him going to LA for dirt cheap and helping them win the cup... I blame malkin for that travesty. 

Hope someone ends his season tonight. 

Archived