The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How much will it take to sign Tryamkin?

iceman64

2 hours ago, Let's Brock 'n' Bo said:

It may sound ridiculous at first but ask yourself if you want Edler over Trayamkin. Or Sbisa Gubranson or even Hutton over TRYAMKIN?  

Exactly Tryamkin was worth more than half our defence-man which would make 5 million about his value especially if Edler is the standard around here. 

I'd wager next year many would have been complaining about his cap hit versus his production. Bottom line: he's currently not worth that much. He may never be.

Edler may be a little overpaid now but when the deal was signed he was worth more. He earned that money. Tryamkin hasn't. Therein lies the difference.

8 hours ago, Let's Brock 'n' Bo said:

INSANE?  

3rd round draft pick #91 overall. 

Good potential but never maintained high end talent due to back injuries or whatever. 

Well it's just my opinion after all (not saying it as fact).

20 year old rookie playing 20+ minutes per game (average icetime per game) on a team that had these veteran D:

Ohlund

Salo

Mitchell

With Bieksa being essentially another rookie.  

It wasn't like now where if you have a pulse, you have a chance of making the blueline.

Again, just my opinion.  I call that insane given where he was drafted (3rd rounder after all - you expect alot of warts when you get down that far in the draft).

25 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Well it's just my opinion after all (not saying it as fact).

20 year old rookie playing 20+ minutes per game (average icetime per game) on a team that had these veteran D:

Ohlund

Salo

Mitchell

With Bieksa being essentially another rookie.  

It wasn't like now where if you have a pulse, you have a chance of making the blueline.

Again, just my opinion.  I call that insane given where he was drafted (3rd rounder after all - you expect alot of warts when you get down that far in the draft).

That's right around where TRYAMKIN went and he should've been playing closer to those numbers to here. 

6 minutes ago, Let's Brock 'n' Bo said:

That's right around where TRYAMKIN went and he should've been playing closer to those numbers to here. 

Don't disagree with respect to Tryamkin; but remember the competition for icetime Edler had to face then compared to what "The Big Hurt" faced this past season.

9 hours ago, Let's Brock 'n' Bo said:

Over Stecher and Tanev? Those are the two guys he was competing with for ice time with on the right side. Stecher had 24 points in 71 games. Compare that to Tryamkins 9 points in 66 games or Tanevs 10 points in 53 games. Tanev was our only plus d-man this season as well. So do you take the minutes away from our best offensive d-man or our best defensive d-man?

9 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Don't disagree with respect to Tryamkin; but remember the competition for icetime Edler had to face then compared to what "The Big Hurt" faced this past season.

Ohlund missed around 30 game Edlers first full season. It was his offensive ability that boosted his ice time with Salo and Ohlund missing so much time. Edler was also a plus player that season meaning he was no slouch defensively as well.

Archived