The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How much will it take to sign Tryamkin?

iceman64

2 hours ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Benning won't be signing him, he will trading him for a 2nd or 3rd round pick this year. He defied management's wishes by not reporting to the AHL and then made them look silly because he was right.

They will say because they don't have cap space because they have to re-sign Larsen and Gudbranson to healthy raises.

I'd give you a neg but you already got the market cornered

2 hours ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Benning won't be signing him, he will trading him for a 2nd or 3rd round pick this year. He defied management's wishes by not reporting to the AHL and then made them look silly because he was right.

They will say because they don't have cap space because they have to re-sign Larsen and Gudbranson to healthy raises.

Lmao! At least we will have Larsen...

Beast, One of a kind Kid. Yes only a baby in this league right now.

Lock him & BO up for as long as u can. They are the ONLY 2 that are Untouchable at this point & the FUTURE...:towel:

I'll say it now Top 4 is now without a doubt, Tryamkin will be a top 2 guy...

On 2017-03-15 at 3:36 PM, TheGuardian_ said:

you'll need to up your troll game.  this isn't even minus worthy.

On 15/03/2017 at 3:36 PM, TheGuardian_ said:

Well if u cant make intelligent posts , you might as well be consistent at being annoying right? Job well done my friend.  

sigh.......

Guardian have you been on one of your three day benders again?? I thought we talked about this... 

Im still waiting for the day where you post something that makes sense........

should be any day now....... 

I'll be honest, I think a lot of people are over rating Tryamkin right now. Yes, he definitely has the size, skills, and speed to be a top 4 NHL defenseman. But at this stage in his development, that is asking quite a bit and I think the majority of CDC'ers have over-valued him at this point.

I don't need to speak to the pros of his game, because they are mentioned time and time again. However, he still needs to work on the following things:

- Untimely penalties

- Out of position (personally I like his pinches and generally a forward does cover for him, but in meaningful games these plays would be very risky)

- Communication

Give it a couple years and he's going to be great for us. But as for now, a 2x2 bridge deal is more than appropriate. BH and TS are above him on the depth chart in my opinion, however it would be nice to see Tryamkin on the PP in the next couple weeks to see how he fits there. Going to be interesting with Gudbranson back next year as well.. bit of a logjam on the back end with Edler, Tryamkin, Stetcher, Hutton, Gudbranson, Tanev, and any FA signings/Sbisa if he's not picked up. Biega's actually been decent, I think it would be great if we made a deal this Summer for a top 6 F by trading any of our D men.. we'll see what happens.

I was impressed with how he handled himself fighting Jamie Benn tonight. Tryamkin will continue to fill out, get stronger, and develop better fight technique. Tonight showed be he will be able to hang with the big boys! We lucked out big time with this pick, he could have been a first rounder easy! 

7 hours ago, KKnight said:

sigh.......

Guardian have you been on one of your three day benders again?? I thought we talked about this... 

Wouldn't hold my breath....

8 hours ago, KKnight said:

sigh.......

iFyHkCz.jpg

When Tryamkin learns how to fight well, nobody in the league will be dumb enough to drop the gloves with him.  Benn got off very lucky because if the big guy had gotten a good hit in there, it would have been lights out.

I'm sort of mixed in my feelings about Tryamkin's contract.  You want to lock him down long term, but at the same time, you want a guy with a short track record to have something to be working for - like the next contract.  A mid to long term contract around 4-6 years might be a good compromise.  As to money, he's currently worth a fair bit, but you don't have to pay him top dollar as he's still an RFA.

I'd sign him long term, if there was a way to stipulate his off season training do he returns better than he is now, and doesn't have a 10 week catch up period. Hopefully Boeser comes up and Try sees the future a bit clearer.

There's cynicism, then there's this.

Archived