The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How much will it take to sign Tryamkin?

iceman64

33 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Actually Tryamkin might just be THE MOST VALUABLE asset the Canucks have to move to get a top line sure thing.

Tryamkin is an incredibly rare player. Go find more 6'7" 250+lbs hockey players with his size, speed, skill and hockey IQ. I wouldn't be moving him unless I absolutely had to.

14 minutes ago, Fantomex said:

Tryamkin is an incredibly rare player. Go find more 6'7" 250+lbs hockey players with his size, speed, skill and hockey IQ. I wouldn't be moving him unless I absolutely had to.

I think he is a future top two, he might even develop into a Chara or close to it, I have been on his train since his 2nd game last year.

1 minute ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Vs Edmonton Tryamkin did pretty good against McDavid, people seem to forget he still doesn't have 100 games in the NHL yet and he is already pushing to be a top 4 dman.

And, unlike Willie's comments, Tryamkin is coming off a very serious case of the mumps.  The is likely not up to speed yet.

On 2017-03-17 at 3:59 PM, TheGuardian_ said:

Actually Tryamkin might just be THE MOST VALUABLE asset the Canucks have to move to get a top line sure thing.

Trumpin in a couple of years could be a player other teams would love  to trade for as a top line sure thing. 

On 2017-03-13 at 0:32 PM, apollo said:

Exactly... he's had what 50-60 games under his belt? Even the Hutton deal was slight over payment IMO... at least Ben was on the scoreboard though... 

Anything over 2 mill for Tree is a joke IMO

When you're talking smack you better use smaller words because you might have to eat them later.-_-

On 3/13/2017 at 9:17 AM, S'all Good Man said:

Free borsht and perogies for life? 

The wildcard in this is a KHL team throwing big dough at him.... he was a decent player when he left, with the progress he's made he'd dominate in that legaue. 

So we may have to look at a bit of an overpayment depending on his KHL offers but you get the sense he's really trying to become the best player he can be and likes it here, so I wouldn't be surprised to see something like 3 years 10 mil total. 

Just to be clear... virtually no KHL players make more than a million dollars.  The threat of that is overdone most times.  He doesn't have the name recognition of the older Russian ex-NHLers to command one of the top salaries in the league.

He should be between $1.75-2.75 over a 2-3 year deal.

I think people are getting blinded by potential with Tryamkin. 

Sure, there is a lot of upside with him, but I'd be nervous about paying him anything more than you have to at this point. After all, he's a No. 6 defenceman on a bad team...not exactly something you want to break the bank on. 

I know some people have compared him to Hutton, but that's not accurate. Hutton plays 20 minutes a night, in all situations and has done that for two seasons now. Tryamkin plays about 16-17 minutes a night, generally getting some PK time (1:27 per game). 

I'm pretty sure he doesn't have arbitration rights, so he really doesn't have much leverage. His QO puts him somewhere around 1.1 million, give or take.

I think it's a more than fair offer to him to offer him 1.5 and 1.75, for a two year deal, 3.25 million over two seasons.  

On 2017-03-19 at 11:58 AM, Alflives said:

And, unlike Willie's comments, Tryamkin is coming off a very serious case of the mumps.  The is likely not up to speed yet.

So true. What a profiundly stupid thing for WHLlie to say. 

He's someone I would absolutely build around. Easily the most intimidating player the Canucks have ever iced and a far more valuable asset to this club than a minor league coach desperately throwing his weight around to prove a point.

1 minute ago, GiveEmTheCan said:

So true. What a profiundly stupid thing for WHLlie to say. 

He's someone I would absolutely build around. Easily the most intimidating player the Canucks have ever iced and a far more valuable asset to this club than a minor league coach desperately throwing his weight around to prove a point.

And he's only 22.  How many giant sized dmen develop later in their years?  Willie's comments were out of place for sure.  I agree with you that Tryamkin could be our game changing Dman - the one we've never had.

• 5 weeks later...

A  year of flying on domestic Russian Airline flights should be enough to move Try back to the Canucks....

Still pissed at how shoddy the Canucks coach and management treats rookies / younger players on our club.

2 sets of rules  / expecations.  Set 1 for the Rooks  , Set 2  for the vets...

No wonder the team had no chemistry this year.....

Archived