Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, mll said:

Kuzma has a recap of the cuts in the Province.  This is what Green said on Chatfield:

 

Chatfield, 22, managed one shot in two games.

“I like how he skates and reads the game for one year as a pro, a late developer out of junior,” said Green. “The golden question is is he going to keep on the curve moving up or plateau?”

This is obviously coach Green laying out a challenge to Chatfield hoping he grows to what is already a very strong game.

 

I have no doubt Chatfield will come up and do great things when he gets the call due to injury and that one day he'll be a top 4 defenseman hopefully it's for us.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

That’s a fantastic way for a Coach to show his support of this player..  He sees his strengths, understands his journey to this point, and is anxious to see his potential.

That attitude throws confidence into a young mans sails.

Green has been watching him very closely during games and the tapes and knows he's got a future Stecher/Tanev type with a stronger physical edge.

 

I really like how Green works with the young players and closely with them at times making sure they know what they have to do and showing them encouragement at what they do well he's a perfect hire by Benning imo.

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Chatfield has looked better than Biega imo. I hope he gets a long look right up until the end of preseason. Chatfield and Hutton/Pouliot as our 7/8 D-men isn't too shabby. He's got that physical edge that Biega lacks. He's just as quick and tenacious as Biega. I've been pretty big on Chatfield as a replacement Biega since we picked him up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Chatfield has looked better than Biega imo. I hope he gets a long look right up until the end of preseason. Chatfield and Hutton/Pouliot as our 7/8 D-men isn't too shabby. He's got that physical edge that Biega lacks. He's just as quick and tenacious as Biega. I've been pretty big on Chatfield as a replacement Biega since we picked him up.

He has already been sent to Utica

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, N7Nucks said:

Chatfield has looked better than Biega imo. I hope he gets a long look right up until the end of preseason. Chatfield and Hutton/Pouliot as our 7/8 D-men isn't too shabby. He's got that physical edge that Biega lacks. He's just as quick and tenacious as Biega. I've been pretty big on Chatfield as a replacement Biega since we picked him up.

As Kootenay Gold stated Chatfield has already been sent to Utica. Biega is the perfect 7/8 dman. He will sit in the press box for weeks on end never complaining until he is needed. Do you really want a kid in that role?

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Big Luongo said:

Green has been watching him very closely during games and the tapes and knows he's got a future Stecher/Tanev type with a stronger physical edge.

 

I really like how Green works with the young players and closely with them at times making sure they know what they have to do and showing them encouragement at what they do well he's a perfect hire by Benning imo.

 

 

It’s a far cry, and relief, from the past Coach uttering “ Work Hard” “Harder” “pay your dues”

”wait his turn” ect.. 

the cliche’-ick, rhetoric, and mundane meaningless comments are gone..  and have been replaced by something more meaningful and inspiring for each player.

Love Green’s positivity.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UticaHockey said:

As Kootenay Gold stated Chatfield has already been sent to Utica. Biega is the perfect 7/8 dman. He will sit in the press box for weeks on end never complaining until he is needed. Do you really want a kid in that role?

This. Chatfield will be an NHLer in due time. Another year of growth in Utica with big minutes will be very good for his development. 

Edited by rekker
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, UticaHockey said:

As Kootenay Gold stated Chatfield has already been sent to Utica. Biega is the perfect 7/8 dman. He will sit in the press box for weeks on end never complaining until he is needed. Do you really want a kid in that role?

Biega is definitely a good 7/8. Dude can sit for weeks and play like he hasn't missed a game. His best isn't that great, but he's consistent due to the effort. It's a great utility to have when he's not forced to play a lot.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BananaMash said:

Biega is definitely a good 7/8. Dude can sit for weeks and play like he hasn't missed a game. His best isn't that great, but he's consistent due to the effort. It's a great utility to have when he's not forced to play a lot.

I think you are being a bit unfair to Biega. He is first rate at his primary job and that is defense. Pouliot and MDZ can skitter up the ice as often as they want to little effect but their defense is garbage.

I would not have either in the team before Biega OR Sautner for that matter.

We need to start getting our defensive priorities right and start to protect our goalies instead of making them feel they are targets on a firing range.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, alfstonker said:

I think you are being a bit unfair to Biega. He is first rate at his primary job and that is defense. Pouliot and MDZ can skitter up the ice as often as they want to little effect but their defense is garbage.

I would not have either in the team before Biega OR Sautner for that matter.

We need to start getting our defensive priorities right and start to protect our goalies instead of making them feel they are targets on a firing range.

I'm not sure how I'm being unfair to him by saying he's really good at the role he's brought in to play. He's a fantastic piece of depth who is always nipping at the heels of the bottom pairing guys. I prefer him over MDZ and Pouliot in general, but he shouldn't be a full time NHLer on a roster with acceptable defense. He should be a 7th guy who fills in for injury or when someone is playing like garbage. 30-40 games a year sorta guy.

 

I like his ability to play 4th line forward and not look like trash too. That's always good to have in a reserve player like him.

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BananaMash said:

I'm not sure how I'm being unfair to him by saying he's really good at the role he's brought in to play. He's a fantastic piece of depth who is always nipping at the heels of the bottom pairing guys. I prefer him over MDZ and Pouliot in general, but he shouldn't be a full time NHLer on a roster with acceptable defense. He should be a 7th guy who fills in for injury or when someone is playing like garbage. 30-40 games a year sorta guy.

 

I like his ability to play 4th line forward and not look like trash too. That's always good to have in a reserve player like him.

I don't agree that he is a 7/8 IN THIS TEAM that's how I think you are being unfair. But fair enough we all have different opinions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

According to Rick Dhaliwal, Jalen Chatfield took a puck off the foot, in a cast and could miss 2-3 weeks.

This is getting ridiculous. Lol

Edited by cyoung
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Apparently something minor for Juolevi - I hope it's not minor like Boeser's groin!

Groins are notoriously troublesome, that is why I didn't agree with playing Boeser when the groin strain was first diagnosed. The earlier you rest it the better and faster the outcome.

Edited by alfstonker
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, having experienced them myself, and attempting to play with them - for me they tended to be a pull on one side that taking a hook on your hurt side leg or a bad hit would cause the pull to spread to both sides so bad I could barely stand up.  I learned the hard way to rest it right away, it would heal up in a couple of weeks and be like normal - it’s just that it is really hard not to play if you possibly can.  Tough choice for a player to make, maybe the team has to make it for the player.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...