The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jalen Chatfield | #63 | D

stonecoldstevebernier

53 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Yeah - I could see Edler - Rafferty and Juolevi - Myers as two pairings with Hughes and Schmidt as the top duo

Doubt we see Hughes-Schmidt as a pairing often. Maybe trying to tie up a game late.

Makes far more sense to have an elite, 1st pair quality puck mover on two pairings and covering +/- 45-50 minutes of a 60 minute game than two guys covering 22-25 minutes together.

• Cheers 4

33 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Doubt we see Hughes-Schmidt as a pairing often. Maybe trying to tie up a game late.

Makes far more sense to have an elite, 1st pair quality puck mover on two pairings and covering +/- 45-50 minutes of a 60 minute game than two guys covering 22-25 minutes together.

Agree totally, surprises me that lots of people suggest Huggy and Schmidt on the same pairing. I think Edler - Schmidt is a dynamite pairing that can do it all, not sure about Huggy - Myers but if that could work it's a top 4 at least as good as any other in the league. Joulevi + FA on pairing 3 with Rafferty and Chatfield as 7-8D getting at least 10-20 games each.

• Cheers 2

On 12/30/2020 at 3:00 AM, Comeback_Kings said:

Juolevi  Vatanen   

should work right.  

Rathbone  Chatfield

seems like it could work

has Vatanen signed anywhere yet?

I'm on board with this for sure. I'm very curious to see which players improved over the off season, I would love to be pleasantly surprised with some of these young guys.

Juolevi - Vatanen  3rd pair

Vatanen plays a sandpaper game with good skill. If there's an injury, he could move into the top 4

to me, Chatfield beats out Benn and Rafferty for the 7 spot 

I think unless Benn comes to camp hungry, he will likely be on the taxi squad.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Maddogy said:

Chatfield played very well last night. He was mobile. He got to the puck quick. He made good first passes. He read plays effectively. He was fairly physical. He played better than Juolevi so far. 

Agree with all of that. His mobility\agility vs Juolevi really stood out.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Locke Lamora said:

Agree with all of that. His mobility\agility vs Juolevi really stood out.

Having almost twice as many games of pro experience and being a good skater really gives him the edge.  His timing is good. 

Hopefully Chatfield pans out. Need a decent RD to. 

OJ needs to work on his skating a bit and he’s be more solid.

1 hour ago, ‹(•¿•)› said:

Dhaliwal just on the radio, saying he's hearing head injury, but not considered serious, expects he could be back sometime this week, but probably not tonight.

Sad state of affairs, but I honestly think Jalen's return could help stabilize the d.

Considering players have played with broken jaws, broken cheek-bones, concussions, partially severed ears, cuts of all types, exactly what type of head injury that would keep a player out of action for any length of time would not be considered serious? 

42 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Considering players have played with broken jaws, broken cheek-bones, concussions, partially severed ears, cuts of all types, exactly what type of head injury that would keep a player out of action for any length of time would not be considered serious? 

Rambo punched, two swollen shut black eyes 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, TNucks1 said:

Chatfield taking down tkachuk after a late hit on motte - https://streamable.com/aofqsy

Love the “moxy” in this young man,.  TEAM.

kid is wearing this on his sleeve,.  And his game is going to rise and become more powerful ..   Perhaps Chatfeild is the Tanev replacement,  but with a back bone attached.

I think his skill set will become more prevalent over the next few weeks..

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3