The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jalen Chatfield | #63 | D

stonecoldstevebernier

55 minutes ago, stonecoldstevebernier said:

Chatfield just made a crazy defensive play killing a 5-on-3 where he dove across on the cross-crease pass and got his arm on the shot to keep it out.

• Upvote 4

50 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Chatfield and  Darren Raddysh would make a heck of a shutdown pair....gotta grab Raddysh JB, they are both ready for the AHL and maybe only a year or 2 away from the NHL.

Juolevi / Stecher

Hutton / Gudbranson

Raddysh / Chatfield

Pedan

we are short on prospects and free dman would br valuable. Got to sign raddysh.

On 5/22/2017 at 4:28 AM, DownUndaCanuck said:

Is Chatfield AHL-eligble next year? Would be good to see what he can do against bigger opponents. Hopefully he can start beefing up a bit.

Yeah. He's in his overage season right now.  So he'll be in Utica and will likely get good time when one (or two) of Jordan Subban, Andrey Pedan, and/or Evan McEney make the jump to the NHL. My money is on Evan McEneny being the sleeper that cracks the roster with Jordan Subban just behind him followed by Pedan (who may make it if we lose Sbisa to the expansion).

I must say, I've really liked what I've seen of Jalen Chatfield this Memorial Cup. He's playing hard and being very noticeable out there. Definitely excited to see how he does in Utica next season. Only thing is, I'm worried to have too much in the way of expectations for him (giving him a year in the AHL vs 3, etc) just because we've been burnt before (Cole Cassels *cough* *cough* *cough*)

Still, Chatfield is an upgrade over Tate Olson and Carl Neill.

• Upvote 2

Chatfield just took a hard hit and seemed to be in a fair bit of pain. Hopefully it's just a stinger and he can shake it off. 

EDIT: He just came back and rocked DeBrincat. 

Edited by Horvat is a Boss
  • Upvote 1