The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jalen Chatfield | #63 | D

stonecoldstevebernier

On 2017-05-21 at 5:32 PM, stonecoldstevebernier said:

Chatfield just made a crazy defensive play killing a 5-on-3 where he dove across on the cross-crease pass and got his arm on the shot to keep it out.

He made that stop on a kid who I T.A'd when he was In grade 8 drama class! Ryan Gropp. 

On 5/22/2017 at 10:25 AM, messier's_elbow said:

This guy sure reminds me of Tanev. If he can end up a 4th-5th Dman it's a major win. 

Any time an undrafted free agent becomes a legitimate NHL player, that is a major win. It is also relatively unusual, although obviously it happened with Burrows and Tanev.

Chatfield has to be viewed as a long shot to ever play in the NHL, but it will be interesting to see how things go in Utica next season. His first job will be to actually make the Utica team. That will probably be easier for him if his coach at Windsor, Rocky Thompson, is hired to coach Utica. 

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, Derp... said:

Mem cup finals, and he's looked good so far, making smart plays, and skating well.

Jeff Marek just said not to be surprised if Chatfield makes the Canucks out of camp this fall. Just watching him play I can definitely see it. It's a very Troy Stecher situation we have here in this kid.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Salmonberries said:

Jeff Marek just said not to be surprised if Chatfield makes the Canucks out of camp this fall. Just watching him play I can definitely see it. It's a very Troy Stecher situation we have here in this kid.

He looks good....real good...but Helm may take some beating to "out" him...I can see Chatfield making Subban/Pedan/McEneny...cry a bit...

.....and a whole lot more if we get D.Raddysh who is my fantasy pairing guy for Chatfield....shut them down pairing extraordinaire!

8 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

He looks good....real good...but Helm may take some beating to "out" him...I can see Chatfield making Subban/Pedan/McEneny...cry a bit...

.....and a whole lot more if we get D.Raddysh who is my fantasy pairing guy for Chatfield....shut them down pairing extraordinaire!

Raddysh hasn't shown me much personally in this tournament. Of course it's a tiny sample but I don't get the hype based on the tournament alone.

• Upvote 1