The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jalen Chatfield | #63 | D

stonecoldstevebernier

2 hours ago, Salmonberries said:

Jeff Marek just said not to be surprised if Chatfield makes the Canucks out of camp this fall. Just watching him play I can definitely see it. It's a very Troy Stecher situation we have here in this kid.

That's kinda crazy, but would be incredible if he did.  Would mean he'd have beaten out a few pretty decent dmen, depending on who's still around after the drafts, and loosen up the reins a bit more on an Edler/Sbisa move.

Edler

Hutton

Sbisa

Holm

Pedan

McEneny

Juolevi

Brisebois

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Salmonberries said:

Raddysh hasn't shown me much personally in this tournament. Of course it's a tiny sample but I don't get the hype based on the tournament alone.

DR is always in position, never makes a wrong move with or without the puck and can make a great pass...outlet or cross-crease....there is very little not to like....he could use some better top end speed but with Chatfield on the same pairing they would rule Utica's backend within a very short while.

Is JC strong enough to make the team straight out of Camp?  I am a fan of the actual plane and so when ever I saw them advertised I instinctively would watch even though I didn't know why.   I noticed JC and wondered why he wasn't drafted because he seemed pretty good.  After watching the Mem Cup and knowing the Canucks signed him I was happy that he was in the fold.  I am thinking though he still may need some time to get stronger and improve his speed.

Is JC strong enough to make the team straight out of Camp?  I am a fan of the actual plane and so when ever I saw them advertised I instinctively would watch even though I didn't know why.   I noticed JC and wondered why he wasn't drafted because he seemed pretty good.  After watching the Mem Cup and knowing the Canucks signed him I was happy that he was in the fold.  I am thinking though he still may need some time to get stronger and improve his speed.

6 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

DR is always in position, never makes a wrong move with or without the puck and can make a great pass...outlet or cross-crease....there is very little not to like....he could use some better top end speed but with Chatfield on the same pairing they would rule Utica's backend within a very short while.

He seems like he is skating in molasses to me. Again, small sample and just my opinion.

6 minutes ago, dpn1 said:

Wow, what just happened?  If I did something wrong, sorry.

Lol. With any luck one of the mods will fix that issue for you. His strength and especially his skating seem fine right now to me. Of course you'd like and probably expect him to get some on the job training in Utica rather than us having no option than to plunk him straight into the lineup like Hutton and Stecher were. Those Gillis no show draft years are really forcing us to rush our good prospects unfortunately.

Edited by Salmonberries

Just now, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

I get it ...I do think he was a bit more tired than the other games I seen him in...not quite as energetic as before...he is on the ice all the time.

Well we got the better one in Chatfield anyway I think we can probably agree.

Best of luck though to the other kid. I'm not hating.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Goodie!  Glad a Canadian team won:)

1 hour ago, Salmonberries said:

I believe Erie is in the state of Pennsylvania @Alflives

He's fishing for positive rep from people because I yanked some chains on CDC about Canada losing out on another Stanley Cup. :lol:

• Upvote 3