The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why is Miller being overplayed... for no good reason?

*Buzzsaw*

Yes, Markstrom is injured, yes, Richard Bachman is not a show stopper.

But why is Willie grinding Miller into the dirt by playing him as much as he is?

It is clear his goaltending is suffering... he let in some goals against the Bruins which he would not on good rest.

So why now, when the playoffs are a non-possibility and games are basically meaningless, is WD intent on burning out Miller to try to squeeze a win out?

This team might actually need Miller next season, and if he gets a bad injury from being overplayed this year, its going to affect his worth.  We could use him as a starter next year.  2017-2018 is the year to do the transition to Markstrom.

Plus I am sure Miller is wondering why he continues to be thrown to the wolves.

Give Bachman a game or two... better yet, bring up Demko for a game and give him the thrill of his young life.  There's a game against Arizona on April 6th which would fit him perfectly.

Give it up Willie... try player development instead of trying to save your own skin.

Miller has played his heart out this season. He's given this team a chance to fight for a Playoff spot many times. The one guy who wanted to compete every night. By far him and Bo are the MVP's of the season, but yes I agree with you. It's time to finish off the season giving Bachman and Markstrom majority of the games. I would rather keep Demko in Utica for the remainder of the season, let him finish off the season there. Our future of goaltending is looking bright!

4 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Plus I am sure Miller is wondering why he continues to be thrown to the wolves.

As a goalie, I'm pretty sure Miller is loving all the game time.  Top goalies want to play, not watch the game from the bench.

Willie is a bad coach that's why, he over plays both  miller and the plugs. Play him till he's hurt and then some seems to be the menatality of this staff.

Neither miller nor willie will be back next season. 

I can't believe anyone in there right mind thinks this club has a shot at the playoffs even there not " mathematically" eliminated.

all that's left is playing for pride because thier professionals. There absolutely no sane reason to overplay a 36 year old goaltender and  risk his health at this point. He's already proven he can carry a very poorly coached skilless team playing a terrible system for three seasons. 

It's Willie trying to save his job. 

As for mathematically being eliminated, we're pretty much there as the other teams ahead of us play each other enough times that the bottom line for playoffs is guaranteed to go up at least 6 points. That makes us needing 19points to get in(to guarantee if we don't have the tie breaker). 

So we have to go 10-3 with pretty much every other team ahead of us going 3-10 for us to make it. Can it happen? Anythings possible. Will it happen?, No. 

Archived