The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why is Miller being overplayed... for no good reason?

*Buzzsaw*

Just now, Alflives said:

If Marky actually got a chance to play more, considering his numbers are identical to Miller's, maybe there would be controversy?  

My comment has nothing to do with the two of them . 

In Vancouver we could have Martin broduer in his prime and  that TV character ALF as our two goalies and the media/fanbase would find a way to make a goalie controversy out of it. 

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Aren't Markstrom's numbers almost identical to Miller's too?

Weren't Lack's similiar to Luongo's at one point.? 

Too bad for Markstrom's Bad Timing injury. This last 20 games would've been at least split between them... Them the breaks...

15 hours ago, Alflives said:

Maybe because we're tired of watching 30 something plugs?  B)  we want to see our future, so we can have some hope.  Right now we have Bo, Tryamkin, Stecher, and Hutton.

If he was ready, he would be up. You don't rush goalies. Remember Justin Poggee, Canadian Junior Gold-winning goalie. Perfect example of a goalie pushed too early and it fails miserably. Think of Markstrom in Florida. Damn near killed his career. Way more of those stories than there are stories like Dryden or Matt Murray.

Patience.

PS the 30-something plug has been amazing. Team MVP by far.

Miller along with several other vets looked horrible last game the guy left wide open gaping nets sloppily over playing the puck carrier and the gambles ended up in the back of the net.

Wish Markstrom was healthy it would have been great to give him some real quality time but as the bad luck they always get would have it that's not and option.

I'd start Bachman and put that useless assed Edler in the press box for this next game give him a chance. Maybe there's a slight chance Bachman could be the back up to Markstrom next season.

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Gotta ask this question again...

Miller looks tired and unfocused...

Why not give Bachman another shot?  He may be back up next year.  :excl:

I can't imagine Miller would want to come back here and go through another year (or more) like this at his age, even if the team offered him another contract.

Would you? I wouldn't.

Honestly, if I were him and I couldn't get onto a team closer to the wife and kids, I might just hang 'em up until an offer rolls around... and if it doesn't, so what? Millions in the bank. Nobody in that house is starving.

On 2017-03-14 at 9:16 PM, erkayloomeh said:

My comment has nothing to do with the two of them . 

In Vancouver we could have Martin broduer in his prime and  that TV character ALF as our two goalies and the media/fanbase would find a way to make a goalie controversy out of it. 

I thought Alf was the starting goalie during the West Coast Express years.

3 minutes ago, Sugar baby watermelon said:

Time to sit him, yeesh, but WD won't do that....  team secret tank wants a tired Millsy to let in those softies and glare at the Dmen in front of him when they screen allowed goals 

Willie has said "I don't know what we have in Bachman", who cares, the remainder of the season is piontless and JB wants the young players to play.

On 3/14/2017 at 1:53 AM, *Buzzsaw* said:

Yes, Markstrom is injured, yes, Richard Bachman is not a show stopper.

But why is Willie grinding Miller into the dirt by playing him as much as he is?

It is clear his goaltending is suffering... he let in some goals against the Bruins which he would not on good rest.

So why now, when the playoffs are a non-possibility and games are basically meaningless, is WD intent on burning out Miller to try to squeeze a win out?

This team might actually need Miller next season, and if he gets a bad injury from being overplayed this year, its going to affect his worth.  We could use him as a starter next year.  2017-2018 is the year to do the transition to Markstrom.

Plus I am sure Miller is wondering why he continues to be thrown to the wolves.

Give Bachman a game or two... better yet, bring up Demko for a game and give him the thrill of his young life.  There's a game against Arizona on April 6th which would fit him perfectly.

Give it up Willie... try player development instead of trying to save your own skin.

Perhaps the Canucks want to get full value for their $6 million?

regards,  G.

Over playing Miller   limits the start of any kind of goalie controversy.

It is the safer way to manage...

PS - i have always wondered why Safeway did not create a  house brand of Condom.        Safeway  Condoms.....  

Would be a no brainer for me if i was running Safeway...

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

PS - i have always wondered why Safeway did not create a  house brand of Condom.        Safeway  Condoms.....  

Presidents choice condoms

no name condoms

kirkland signature condoms

sensations condoms (lol)

6 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

4 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Presidents choice condoms

no name condoms

kirkland signature condoms

sensations condoms (lol)

The real estate market is still booming. Houses, townhouses, condominiums...

regards,  G.

Miller will play as much as he wants to he's earned at least that this year and WD and the coaching staff will know when he wants or needs a break.  Sure the games don't mean as much other than what draft slot we end up with but it does matter to Miller and WD given its permanent record.  

That said it would be nice to see more of the Long Walk given he came in after a year and a half and posted a shutout.  And even better bring Demko up for a game or two and see how he does.  It makes more sense to have an idea of what you have now to prepare for next year when points matter more again.  Benning should consider this especially because signing Miller in no gaurantee same with Millers ability to keep us in games like this year.  

Maybe he goes after Fluery after the playoffs and before expansion.  Our goaltending is a big question mark in my mind, Markstrom for all of his chances certainly isn't posting great numbers or even middling for that matter and Demko might not be ready for even a back-up role yet.  

I don't share some of the CDCs optimism that goaltending is a position of strength yet (although I have high hopes) given I know no team can contend or even compete without top ten goaltending.   Its obvouis what a star goalie can do for a team ( I jumped for joy when we acquired Luongo) and it's a relative unknown for us at this point.  

Play the backups please WD we know what Miller brings its time to see how much we sink without him in the picture so management can prepare to either acquire what we need or play the hand we already have.

This will happen organically but why not test the waters a bit while we have the chance.  Ticket prices migth even have an uptick if fans had the chance to see whats in the pipeline.

On 15/03/2017 at 1:27 AM, hearditall said:

Weren't Lack's similiar to Luongo's at one point.? 

Too bad for Markstrom's Bad Timing injury. This last 20 games would've been at least split between them... Them the breaks...

Yep that's why you need to dig deeper and find out the starters play the best teams while the backups play ARI COL types.

Archived