The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

UBC Arts or SFU Business

Michael Scofield

1 minute ago, The Vancouver Connection said:

I'm not disagreeing that a lot of what a business degree is depends on the person. 

But perhaps he wants to go to Sauder because its at UBC - UBC offers him something SFU doesn't? At the end of the day the comments of "dude stay at SFU business b/c you won't get into Sauder" piss me off. 

He can get into Sauder if he works hard.

then why not transfer from beedie to sauder. He's choosing school rather than program.

Theres a difference between hoping and being realistically. Everyone wants to the be top dog, realistically, you have less than 1% chance being top dog

Just now, DoughtysCheck said:

then why not transfer from beedie to sauder. He's choosing school rather than program.

Theres a difference between hoping and being realistically. Everyone wants to the be top dog, realistically, you have less than 1% chance being top dog

I transferred into Sauder, I know at least 5 of my closest friends who did the same, it can be done...

Just now, DoughtysCheck said:

guess how many people try to transfer into sauder and don't get in. About playing the percentages my dude

what are you talking about dude? this isn't a game of black jack.

if your grades are there and your supplemental is there, you will get in, no percentages, just hard work. 

stop being so negative and discouraging, just cause you have this outlook on life you shouldn't spew it on others bud. 

3 minutes ago, The Vancouver Connection said:

what are you talking about dude? this isn't a game of black jack.

if your grades are there and your supplemental is there, you will get in, no percentages, just hard work. 

stop being so negative and discouraging, just cause you have this outlook on life you shouldn't spew it on others bud. 

guess what, only 5% of kids get A+. 10% gets 10. In a first year course of 400 kids, 40 out of 400 will get A. Out of those 40, how many will have the supplemental activities to transfer in? Probably like 15%. So maybe 6 kids out of 400 will be able to get into sauder. called being a realist

1 hour ago, DoughtysCheck said:

Beedie marks on a bell curve, transferring from Beedie to Sauder is apparently almost impossible. Plus when I talked to a UBC advisor, they like internal transfers. 

5 hours ago, Michael Scofield said:

Beedie marks on a bell curve, transferring from Beedie to Sauder is apparently almost impossible. Plus when I talked to a UBC advisor, they like internal transfers. 

well what if he doesn't get in? Then he's stuck with an arts degree versus if we went to SFU at least he'd have a business degree

Archived