The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are you listening to? Metal version!

Rate this topic

Coconuts

4 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Agreed that it'd be interesting to see them in more of an authentic live setting with a crowd and the like 

Their instrumental is strong for sure, perhaps this clip hits the vocal bit for you more? Vocals are tricky 

Yeah, I had watched this video as well. It may be that I (still) don't really like the typical metal vocalist sound.

For example, "Thunderstruck" by AC/DC sounds really interesting to me until the vocalist gets into the act. I recall one opinion I've heard that, "It sounds like someone is giving a pig a really bad time."

I think a lot of metal vocalists strike me as being something like Sam Kinison (now deceased). What is being said is funny, topical, etc. but the screaming aspect of his act just turns me off.

regards,  G.

54 minutes ago, Gollumpus said:

Yeah, I had watched this video as well. It may be that I (still) don't really like the typical metal vocalist sound.

For example, "Thunderstruck" by AC/DC sounds really interesting to me until the vocalist gets into the act. I recall one opinion I've heard that, "It sounds like someone is giving a pig a really bad time."

I think a lot of metal vocalists strike me as being something like Sam Kinison (now deceased). What is being said is funny, topical, etc. but the screaming aspect of his act just turns me off.

regards,  G.

You could be right, it could very well be a matter of you not liking certain sounds or singing styles, we all have our personal tastes 

• 2 weeks later...

It said "Metallica" on it. I don't really like Metallica, so I'm good with this.

It could always be worse...

regards,  G.

Edited by Gollumpus
  • Cheers 1