The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gudbranson

Kuma

Gudbranson must be resigned! Tonight is a prime example that our D-core is overrated.

If i was miller i would be piss off that none of my defensemen will do anything to help clear the front of the net.

Unless Tryamkin decides to turn up his anger, Gudbranson is the only other best option.

9 minutes ago, Kuma said:

Gudbranson must be resigned! Tonight is a prime example that our D-core is overrated.

If i was miller i would be piss off that none of my defensemen will do anything to help clear the front of the net.

Unless Tryamkin decides to turn up his anger, Gudbranson is the only other best option.

I hope Gudbranson can turn out like a Bieksa type player. Agreed, our defensive core not sticking up for our goalie tonight was unacceptable. 

6 minutes ago, Kuma said:

Yes, I think you are right.

We have the same problem on D as in the forward lines: offensive players are not hitters.  Horvat is the only exception.  Sutter is okay, but most fail in that kind of team defense that breaks up the cycle and reduces the screen shots (all shots.)  

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that either Hutton or Stecher will be moved by next March.  Certainly Tanev and Edler should be moved, but for other reasons: to further the rebuild.

11 minutes ago, Kuma said:

I hope he's re-signed. He's to young to resign. 

Willie probably told Tryamkin he couldn't hit tonight, just to mess with his head again. 

1 minute ago, gameburn2 said:

Yes, I think you are right.

We have the same problem on D as in the forward lines: offensive players are not hitters.  Horvat is the only exception.  Sutter is okay, but most fail in that kind of team defense that breaks up the cycle and reduces the screen shots (all shots.)  

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that either Hutton or Stecher will be moved by next March.  Certainly Tanev and Edler should be moved, but for other reasons: to further the rebuild.

Elder should definitely be moved but he will not be willing to waive.  Hutton is the best bet but someone should let him know that he cannot hold on to the puck for so long.  Biega is the only guy that has any heart on defence.  He is even effective hitting as a forward. Definitely should be given more playing time. 

3 minutes ago, Kuma said:

Elder should definitely be moved but he will not be willing to waive.  Hutton is the best bet but someone should let him know that he cannot hold on to the puck for so long.  Biega is the only guy that has any heart on defence.  He is even effective hitting as a forward. Definitely should be given more playing time. 

A pat on the back for Biega, a proper contract: who knows what he could do if given a chance.  Hutton's weaknesses are becoming more clear around the league; I suppose that's part of the 2nd year jinx.  Stecher may have passed Hutton in the depth chart. 

49 minutes ago, Kuma said:

I honestly don't think Edler has much value the way he's played the last few years. We should be happy if someone offered a 2nd or high 3rd. It's going to get worse too. He's already slowing down. 

1 hour ago, Kuma said:

Guddy must be protected!!!  We need a guy who is big and has a mean streak on the back end.  The Canucks haven't had one of those for ever.  Bieksa had the mean, but not the size.

What contract do you offer the guy?  He's just coming off a 1 year bridge and this year, he was hurt for most of the season and we don't really know what he is worth.  

Another bridge contract?

Archived