The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Markus Granlund Canucks 2016-17 Highlights

Imuzi

With Granlund being ruled out for the rest of the year I thought it'd be good time to put out a video on his highlights with the Canucks so far.

If you guys have any suggestions or comments give me a shout!

Watch out next year, this guy has more high danger shots and shot assists than anyone on our team. I wouldn't be surprised to see him break out and be a 50 point player next year. If you look at his brothers numbers from last year, relative to the amount of high danger chances he was creating, you can see why Mikael Granny is having such a great year this year. Markus is doing similar things. 

DJGranny Drop That Beat! 25 and 25 next year please!

I really have to own up and eat crow on Granny so far. I spend a lot of time pouring through analytics, and like a lot of my cohort had a dim view on his ability to drive play as an NHL level player. Much less the reliable, hardworking, offensively gifted player than the has shown himself to be. 

I had seen enough of him prior to know that this IS a change; and not just a level of play not showing up on the stats.  He has really taken huge strides forward this year. Something about the Canucks suits him, and he suits the Canucks. 

Get well soon buddy. 

I don't consider myself as a Granlund fan, but I have to admit that he has usually been hard working and reliable.

Playing for the Canucks has brought out the offense that he only showed glimpses of before.

Sad that he has yet another injury.

Archived