The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Anaheim Ducks Mar 28,2017 07:00PM

3KBieksa

7 minutes ago, BoDangles53 said:

no pressure at all really - those of us who've played the game aren't really attached to numbers - like fans are - its more a superstition thing 

so there's no real pressure from it - but we're all welcome to our opinion - perhaps enjoy your evening doing something else

:blink:

2 minutes ago, BoDangles53 said:

well sorry some of us are beyond watching a television show meant for for the lowest common denominator of society

It was a pretty popular show, and a pretty common reference even before it. It's ironic. Saying something isn't Rocket surgery. This really isn't as hard as you are making it lol

Just now, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

It was a pretty popular show, and a pretty common reference even before it. It's ironic. Saying something isn't Rocket surgery. This really isn't as hard as you are making it lol

there's a large portion of society that isn't very intelligent - clearly that makes sense to you now doesn't it?

34 minutes ago, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

Rocket surgery?

As it is about the time for team award nominations to come out, this earns my nomination for mixed metaphor of the year.

3 hours ago, BoDangles53 said:

If they know its 'his number' vs it never mattered - all I am saying is it would be a nice touch to bring him into the fold. And to be honest, I bet most players dont really care that their number is 'retired' - its more the thought that a franchise puts into it that matters 

I'm going to repeat myself in hope you get the message

Linden's legacy goes far beyond hockey, 16 stands for charity work, giving to make your community a better place and helping those around you as a lifetime dedication. It also stands for digging deep and in the face of physical or mental injury and exustion  giving 110% even if those around you are unwilling or unable that number represents something much bigger than hockey to the people of this province.

I don't care if Wayne Gretzky came out of retirement to play for us, if he wanted number 16 the answer is no.

When most people see that number up there they think of things much more important than a game, it wouldn't even be right if Trev himself wanted to do it, the legacy is bigger than him, it's a touchstone for doing things the right way, and it has real cultural significance the way very few retired jerseys do. The number 16 means something around here and that will not be messed with for the flavor of the month,

I hope you understand this now.

5 hours ago, terrible.dee said:

I'm going to repeat myself in hope you get the message

Linden's legacy goes far beyond hockey, 16 stands for charity work, giving to make your community a better place and helping those around you as a lifetime dedication. It also stands for digging deep and in the face of physical or mental injury and exustion  giving 110% even if those around you are unwilling or unable that number represents something much bigger than hockey to the people of this province.

I don't care if Wayne Gretzky came out of retirement to play for us, if he wanted number 16 the answer is no.

When most people see that number up there they think of things much more important than a game, it wouldn't even be right if Trev himself wanted to do it, the legacy is bigger than him, it's a touchstone for doing things the right way, and it has real cultural significance the way very few retired jerseys do. The number 16 means something around here and that will not be messed with for the flavor of the month,

I hope you understand this now.

terrible.deep

21 hours ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Good...Chances are Willie will have e him on the team next year and send Boucher packing.  

I agree Labate  brings something we need.

Yes, keep LaBate with the club..

I would like to see Pedan stick next year too,. just for his aggression, which seems to be missing with this club.

Rotate Pedan in next season as required, he doesn't have to play 82 games or get 20 points, he will get us through those stretch of games that need schtick and solidarity.

Labate the same,. But I think he might develop into a 20 point player or better .

Archived